Author Topic: George Best  (Read 14142 times)

doare.

Re: George Best
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2012, 01:02:51 AM »
Was george beast that guy who played with Oliver Read
"You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not? ....shaw..

[email protected]

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2012, 10:28:19 AM »
And then for after drinks in the club house  :D

barry

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
And then for after drinks in the club house  :D

George   Best,   was  one  of   the  best  foodball  player  ( if  not,  the  BEST )
     on   the   foodball   pitch,   that's   where  he   excelled,
     What  he  did  of   the   field,  was  his  busness,  what  he  choose  to
      do  we  it,  was  his  choice, wheather  we  agreed   with  it -- or  not,
       the   only  way   i   could   answer  that,  would  be   to   walk  a  mile
      in  his   shoe's,   and   that's  the  only,  how'd   you  -- become  such
       an  expert,  were   you  a   player, did  you  party  after  the   game's
       if   you  did, i  quess  you  learned  how  to  handle   deamons  that
        come  with   such   fame,  if   you  didn't,  i  think  you  should 
         keep   your  constin  anti  George-----to  your  self.
THAT'S  THE  WAY  I  SEE  IT, THAT'S  THE  WAY I  TELL  IT.

pentio

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2012, 03:03:46 PM »
Was Jimmy Johnstone not the greatest footballer who ever lived ?.

Simple answer, no. In my opinion George Best was the greatest player in the 60's 70's. Enjoy the footage of a genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs6WTt7atic

Sally Ann

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2012, 03:39:19 PM »
nope, to say it is a lonely place is just simply wrong   ::)

G, I never said it was a lonely place, I was making the point that it's hardly in the 'HUB' of Belfast life. :)
I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

Sally Ann

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 03:40:07 PM »

George   Best,   was  one  of   the  best  foodball  player  ( if  not,  the  BEST )

O0 :drinks: :)

Sally Ann

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 03:41:22 PM »
Simple answer, no. In my opinion George Best was the greatest player in the 60's 70's. Enjoy the footage of a genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs6WTt7atic

Most definitely correct!  O0 ;) :)

RobRoy

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2012, 10:14:42 PM »

Barry my intention was to enlighten you but I've decided not to bother.
As a soccer player he was most certainly the  best; as a human being he failed miserably through no fault of his own but there were some who mistakenly believed he was god. I shall leave it there. >:D >:D >:D

[email protected]

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2012, 07:31:16 PM »
George Best was nothing but a drunk who loved bitter orange in his drink and should not be looked up to. As i have said before you want to here what he says on this is you life when he was on it.

Dommo

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2012, 08:14:59 PM »

I was proud that he came from Belfast. Yes he had some problems, so do most people. Because he was a public figure his weaknesses were better known, so he had more of the good and more of the bad as many celebs do. If he not had been a great soccer player he might have been another anonymous drunk. But it was MAGIC to see him playing on TV!!
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

Dommo

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2012, 08:17:08 PM »
George Best was nothing but a drunk who loved bitter orange in his drink and should not be looked up to. As i have said before you want to here what he says on this is you life when he was on it.
This is factually incorrect. "He was nothing..." No, apart from being a human being, he was a great athelete and a talented sportsman. That is something.
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

Astor

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2012, 08:46:14 PM »

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" comes to mind billy and something else comes to mind as well "O Lord its hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way"  ::)    He was without a doubt a brilliant footballer who had a drink problem like many others, loads of people are nasty in drink, I'm not saying it's pleasant but hey give credit where credit is due and forget the self-righteousness stuff - OR ARE YOU PERFECT  ???
Que Sera Sera

[email protected]

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2012, 08:53:51 PM »
Iam not talking about his drinking  would love all you gorge best fans out there to try and see the time when he was on this is your life, and what he said  then make up your mind what sort of man he was off the field the man from east Belfast and what he would off liked to have done if he had of been living in belfast along with his friends in the summer of 1969.

Astor

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2012, 09:05:22 PM »
Iam not talking about his drinking  would love all you gorge best fans out there to try and see the time when he was on this is your life, and what he said  then make up your mind what sort of man he was off the field the man from east Belfast and what he would off liked to have done if he had of been living in belfast along with his friends in the summer of 1969.

I've already posted that I saw him on "This is Your Life" - so you're judging someone's whole life/talent by one tv programme  :(
Que Sera Sera

jmac

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2012, 09:10:28 PM »
Pray, tell us all what he said that seems to have offended you so much billy boy ???
Illegitimi Non Carborundum.

Ubique