Author Topic: George Best  (Read 14227 times)

[email protected]

Re: George Best
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2012, 09:13:44 PM »
Pray, tell us all what he said that seems to have offended you so much billy boy ??? get a copy of the show and watch it

pentio

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:50 PM »
George Best was nothing but a drunk who loved bitter orange in his drink and should not be looked up to. As i have said before you want to here what he says on this is you life when he was on it.

You obviously never saw George play football, ::) he did have a drink problem but he was a very talented footballer who gave pleasure to fans all over the world. I fail to understand why you dislike the man so much. Just wondering have you made any mistakes in your life?

Giannineo

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2012, 09:43:55 PM »
George Best was a remarkably skilled footballer who entertained like few other footballers could.What he did in his private life  is not really any concern to  anyone who did not  associate with him or was close to him.
          If we criticised every celebrity who has  strayed from the straight and narrow we would  miss so much.
       I am lucky that I am not an alcoholic.I just do not like it that much and cannot hold a lot without getting intoxicated.
  And I am pretty useless at football.
          Pele was a great footballer and was fortunate not to be cursed by alcoholism.He rated George Best as one of the greatest ever footballers ,and I have not heard him decry George Best for his illness.
            Geroge Best, great footballer, public entertainer - George Best , private life-alcoholic, not really our business.

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2012, 11:08:48 PM »
Off-topic posts removed.

Dommo

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2012, 11:17:57 PM »
George Best was a remarkably skilled footballer who entertained like few other footballers could.What he did in his private life  is not really any concern to  anyone who did not  associate with him or was close to him.
          If we criticised every celebrity who has  strayed from the straight and narrow we would  miss so much.
       I am lucky that I am not an alcoholic.I just do not like it that much and cannot hold a lot without getting intoxicated.
  And I am pretty useless at football.
          Pele was a great footballer and was fortunate not to be cursed by alcoholism.He rated George Best as one of the greatest ever footballers ,and I have not heard him decry George Best for his illness.
            Geroge Best, great footballer, public entertainer - George Best , private life-alcoholic, not really our business.
I agree, I don't know know what he said, but frankly it cannot make him a less talented soccer player. Look, Boris Spassky turned out to be an Antisemitic nutter, but he was STILL a champion chess player. Roman Polanski had illegal relations witha minor, he is STILL a great director... etc etc

if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

twocoats

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2012, 11:34:32 PM »
George Best was nothing but a drunk who loved bitter orange in his drink and should not be looked up to. As i have said before you want to here what he says on this is you life when he was on it.

There but for the Grace of God etc. etc....
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

eros

« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2012, 09:22:01 AM »
Chris ,my reply was "on topic" and my remark about ppdarksilly was asking is he so perfect and did his halo ever hurt nothing wrong with that   >:D Eros
Lest we Forget

RobRoy

« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2012, 12:21:49 PM »
Chris ,my reply was "on topic" and my remark about ppdarksilly was asking is he so perfect and did his halo ever hurt nothing wrong with that   >:D Eros

The oul head isn't good by ye then??? ??? Yer post was off topic because you intimated that I, RobRoy, was ppdarkbilly. This even after Pentio posted to both you and Barry that this was not correct. I then sent a pm to the moderator  

Sally Ann

« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »
The Young, Innocent George and before he acquired his Ulster-English accent!   ;)

http://youtu.be/4r4LD0Rm5D0
I only got drunk, I never got stupid!

eros

« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2012, 04:35:18 PM »
 robroy ,good for you ,your medal is in the post ,Eros
Lest we Forget

RobRoy

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2012, 09:44:23 PM »
robroy ,good for you ,your medal is in the post ,Eros

Not a bad man, but a sad man who must resort to feeble insults.  All you had to do was ask me, imagination has led better men than you astray.  

sydenhambetty

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2012, 09:34:29 PM »
George was a genius on the football field. Nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

Patsy-Ann

« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2012, 10:25:35 PM »
George was a genius on the football field. Nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
O0
We make a living by what we get...We make a life by what we Give.

Dommo

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2012, 10:28:50 PM »
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

eros

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2012, 02:36:58 PM »
robroy ,if you think that my post was an insult  the forum rules restrict me/us from saying what I/we really want to post   :'( Eros
Lest we Forget