Author Topic: George Best  (Read 14045 times)

tumbleweed

George Best
« on: August 22, 2012, 04:42:57 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? What about George Bests house up to rent any takers

eros

Re: George Best
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 04:59:38 PM »
who would be  foolish  enough to  be interested  IMO :D Eros
Lest we Forget

Moonlight

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 06:22:54 PM »
It seems a strange thing to do Eros.  I saw it on TV and there are all these pictures of George and copies of books and I thought that some light fingered guests  might take them with them when they go.  Maybe I am being cynical, but it seems strange renting out his house and a bit disrespectful. ???
Once sent out a word takes wing beyond recall

jillyfred

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 09:08:39 PM »
I thought it was sold after George died and that it was now up for sale again

jilly

Moonlight

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 09:15:49 PM »
I thought it was sold after George died and that it was now up for sale again

jilly

No Jilly, it was on the news. It is being offered to tourists as a holiday let like a B&B.   

Astor

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 09:21:27 PM »

No Jilly, it was on the news. It is being offered to tourists as a holiday let like a B&B.

I suppose you can't blame the family - property prices are at an all time low in Belfast, so why not, they'd almost have to give it away now to sell it, so I can see where they're coming from  :)
Que Sera Sera

Moonlight

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 09:28:48 PM »

I suppose you can't blame the family - property prices are at an all time low in Belfast, so why not, they'd almost have to give it away now to sell it, so I can see where they're coming from  :)

Astor, the house was sold 18 months ago to a Belfast housing co-operative and apparently all profits from the letting will be channelled back into the community.  So I suppose some good will come of it.

Giannineo

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 09:30:03 PM »

I got a knock back from George' sister at the Carolan school dance  :( :( :(   wee beg anyway  ::)

Astor

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 09:33:11 PM »

Astor, the house was sold 18 months ago to a Belfast housing co-operative and apparently all profits from the letting will be channelled back into the community.  So I suppose some good will come of it.

Oh, that puts a different perspective on it Moonlight - great to hear that  O0
Que Sera Sera

Astor

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 09:33:42 PM »
  I got a knock back from George' sister at the Carolan school dance  :( :( :(   wee beg anyway  ::)

You should be so lucky G  :D
Que Sera Sera

Giannineo

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 09:42:55 PM »
You should be so lucky G  :D
My mate's sister asked me to dance with her as she was sitting there like a wallflower- I didn't want to dance with her and the wee beg ran out of the hall...and me moritified to the onion and shy as could be... :( :( :(

Astor

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 09:44:16 PM »
My mate's sister asked me to dance with her as she was sitting there like a wallflower- I didn't want to dance with her and the wee beg ran out of the hall...and me moritified to the onion and shy as could be... :( :( :(

Now be fair G - can you blame her for running  :D
Que Sera Sera

Giannineo

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 09:52:21 PM »
Now be fair G - can you blame her for running  :D
Yes I can, she could have given me three dances and then thanked me an tuk off-anyway,I pulled a wee staoter   that night later on.... George's sister's loss-only last night , my bro was saying that George came to our tennis club some times and we used to play footie  on the grass.... I probably taught him every trick in the book  :P

harrydunn

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 10:38:20 PM »
Yes I can, she could have given me three dances and then thanked me an tuk off-anyway,I pulled a wee staoter   that night later on.... George's sister's loss-only last night , my bro was saying that George came to our tennis club some times and we used to play footie  on the grass.... I probably taught him every trick in the book  :P
G met as you would say a wee stoater yesterday, one you have been chasing without success, namely the beautiful Bernie, met her twice in two weeks think she is stalking me? :-\ :-\

Astor

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 10:42:06 PM »
G met as you would say a wee stoater yesterday, one you have been chasing without success, namely the beautiful Bernie, met her twice in two weeks think she is stalking me? :-\ :-\

Bernie doesn't need to stalk anyone harry, enough people stalk her - even when she was a wee 5 year old  :D ;)
Que Sera Sera