Author Topic: 2nd BB and Old Boys Broadway Presbyterian  (Read 4588 times)

grannyspice

2nd BB and Old Boys Broadway Presbyterian
« on: September 23, 2012, 03:52:05 PM »
Anyone from these old photos still out there ?

grannyspice

Re: 2nd BB and Old Boys Broadway Presbyterian
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 03:59:48 PM »
And here is another one

hathaway

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 07:56:53 AM »
The 2nd Belfast Company BB is now based in Conway Street on the Shankill Road and belongs to the Church of God. I believe the orginal company was Drew Memorial?

grannyspice

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 08:37:58 AM »
Hathaway my husband and his friends are now aged in the 70s so unless it was earlier than the 1940s the 2nd BB were based at Broadway Presbyterian Church on the Falls Road

Dawson

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 05:24:05 PM »
The 2nd Belfast Company BB is now based in Conway Street on the Shankill Road and belongs to the Church of God. I believe the orginal company was Drew Memorial?

hathaway - Drew Memorial (St Phillips) was the 46th

Dawson

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 05:25:55 PM »
Hathaway my husband and his friends are now aged in the 70s so unless it was earlier than the 1940s the 2nd BB were based at Broadway Presbyterian Church on the Falls Road

grannyspice - excellent photos. I believe the 2nd was attached to the Falls Road Pres. Church

grannyspice

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 09:38:25 AM »
Yes Dawson you are right. The Church was called Broadway Presbyterian. It is now an Irish Teaching school.

Nick Keene

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 06:01:46 AM »
Yes Dawson you are right. The Church was called Broadway Presbyterian. It is now an Irish Teaching school.

Broadway was our family church right until its untimely demise during the troubles and my Dad and all his brothers were all  members of the BB there. All sadly deceased now but even the youngest would be oh, mmm, approx mid 80's should he have lived. They were raised in nearby Thames St and I'm trying very hard to track down family history now. Nice to see the old pics, very happy memories from childhood spent around there and Broadway where I myself was born. If I get pics I will post.

grannyspice

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 08:29:25 AM »
Hello Nick. My hubby is interested to know your family name. Is Keene your Dad's brothers' family surname? We are still in contact with a few members of the BB and Broadway Church and will mention to them at the weekend.

LONE RANGER

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 12:50:29 PM »
I have just come across these old photos from the 2nd BB and the 2nd old boys football team some faces i know and some i can`t remember , Flash King , Willie Walwyn , Billy McMillian , Jim Baxter , Norman Todd , a few whose faces are very familure but can`t put a name to them i think i was in the next generation coming along that joined the 2nd Life boys and then the BB great days , sorry i can`t disclose my name i went to Broadway School and then Fane Street our Life Boy displays were great the whole area came to see them i remember collecting old news papers to bring to the church for some sort of charity and they ran beetle drives to raise money one week i won a chicken and i ran home all the way with out stopping to give it to my mum i was over the moon i never won anything ever , our days outing in the summer was a day trip to a field facing the Falls Park it was sort of a way down to a meadow were donkey rides were laid on sports there was terrific . 

Nick Keene

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 10:53:29 AM »
Amongst the names mentioned in these photos were Flash King and Alex Todd, as I was related to both and pics are before my day lol, can someone please point them out on the pics here, thank you all.

Coleraineboy

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 10:42:46 PM »
New to the forum as i am trying to do some family history. I will send the photos to my mother who was brought up in Braemar Street and attended Broadway. She is now 90 so the memory might not be great
I recognise my uncle, Roy Martin, who is in the overcoat in the last Football picture. He died about 10 years ago in a nursing home in St Albans, Herts.
Yes i can confirm  the 2nd were attached to Broadway

cookstown

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 09:54:37 PM »
Guys for your information the following BB companies were in and around that general area were as follows
(1)  2nd BB - Broadway Presbyterian Church.
(2)  38th BB - Donegall Road Methodist Church.
(3)  13th BB - Richview Presbyterian Church.
(4)  12th BB - Primitive Street Methodist Church.
(5)  104th BB - Sandy Row Methodist Church.
(6)  46th BB - Drew Memorial Church.
(7)  44th BB - Christ Church, Durham st.

Regards Cookstown
P.S.  St Simons, Donegall Road had the CLB.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2016, 12:35:43 AM »
4th college square prespreterian.

cookstown

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2016, 12:09:16 PM »
Good Man Jimmy.  Lets see if any one else can add any more to our little list.  1st BB - St Mary Magdalene, Donegall Pass.
34th BB - Ulsterville Church, Lisburn Road.