Author Topic: FAMILY TREE SURNAME LUNDY BELFAST  (Read 15075 times)

MargaretMoylan

FAMILY TREE SURNAME LUNDY BELFAST
« on: September 23, 2012, 06:15:15 PM »
My mother's maiden name is Lundy, and married into the moylan family. I have started a family tree and trying to locate my mothers parents and grandparents? Her Fathers name was Alexander Lundy who was married twice, his first wife (my mothers, mother) is Mary Boyle by maiden name.  If anyone knows anymore please let me know. Thank you

maura

Re: FAMILY TREE SURNAME LUNDY BELFAST
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 06:47:27 PM »
Theres no marriage coming up for a Alexander Lundy to a Mary Boyle, if the marriage took place after 1921 your not going to get it online, as BMD's stop at the time for N.Ireland, GRONI in Belfast is the only place you'll get that information.

MargaretMoylan

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 12:01:37 AM »
Thank you

Emerald Ancestors

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 11:02:33 AM »
Hi Margaret
You don't mention a time period. Have you any approximate dates to work from?
Regards
David
http://www.emeraldancestors.com

MargaretMoylan

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 01:03:42 AM »
I dont know the year of my grandparents births ect, my mummy was the oldest child and born in 1928 so im guessing that her parents had her around 18-20 because they had another 9 children and my granny died young in her 40's. So my grandparents births should be around 1906-08?.
Thank you

maura

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 12:39:39 PM »
There's only 3 Alexander Lundy's in the 1911 census, 2 where children that could fit your Alexander, but without his marriage details either 1 could be him.

Residents of a house 189 in Woodstock Road (Ormeau, Down)  Show all information
SurnameForenameAgeSexRelation to headReligionBirthplaceOccupationLiteracyIrish LanguageMarital StatusSpecified IllnessesYears MarriedChildren BornChildren LivingLundyAlexander49MaleHead of FamilyRoman CatholicCo Down, BallynahinchLabourer GeneralRead and writeIrishMarried----LundyEllen37FemaleWifeRoman CatholicCo DownLabourer GeneralRead and writeIrishMarried-1886LundyAnnie18FemaleDaughterRoman CatholicCo DownDomestic ServantRead and writeIrishSingle----LundyMary15FemaleDaughterRoman CatholicCo DownMachine FeederRead and writeIrishSingle----LundyElizabeth11FemaleDaughterRoman CatholicBelfastScholarRead and writeIrishSingle----LundyMargaret10FemaleDaughterRoman CatholicBelfastScholarRead onlyIrishSingle----LundyJohn4MaleSonRoman CatholicBelfastScholarCannot readIrishSingle----LundyAlexander2MaleSonRoman Catholic

Residents of a house 45 in Shore (Duncairn Ward, Antrim)  Show all information
SurnameForenameAgeSexRelation to headReligionBirthplaceOccupationLiteracyIrish LanguageMarital StatusSpecified IllnessesYears MarriedChildren BornChildren LivingLundyEliza71FemaleHead of FamilyRoman CatholicBelfast-Read and write-Widow-4094LundySarah24FemaleGrand DaughterRoman CatholicBelfastSpinner FlaxRead and write-Single----LundyThomas20MaleGrand SonRoman CatholicBelfastSpecial Reserve R I RRead and write-Single----LundySarah15FemaleGrand DaughterRoman CatholicBelfastSpinner FlaxRead and write-Single----LundyJames18MaleGrand SonRoman CatholicBelfastLabourer GeneralRead and write-Single----LundyKate12FemaleGrand DaughterRoman CatholicBelfastScholarRead only-Single----LundySamuel10MaleGrand SonRoman CatholicBelfastScholarCannot read-Single----LundyAlexander5MaleGrand SonRoman CatholicBelfastScholarCannot read-Single----LundyWilliam7MaleGrand SonRoman CatholicBelfastScholarCannot read-Single----LundyJohn3MaleGrand SonRoman Catholic

Loneygrandchild

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 03:26:56 PM »
Hi,  I have some Lundy burials 4 Milltown Cemetery.
Have u any other names/info on ur Lundys?

LGC
Dempsey Rooney McGivern Nolan Hughes O'Neill Bogue O'Hara Boyle Madden Donnelly Downey Fegan Foster Farr Sheils McCormack Gracey Gallagher McDowell

MargaretMoylan

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 04:55:47 PM »
Alexander Lundy, Mary Lundy would be deceased thats as far as I know back to these are my mothers parents I dont know anything on their parents. Margaret, Eamon, Sadie, Francis, Sandy would all be deceased also. However the two girls names would no longer be lundy due to marriage.

MargaretMoylan

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »
Also thank you maura for the cencus it would seem that my grandfather would be one of those two young children either aged 5 or 2 in 1911.

e.rainey

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 08:15:53 PM »
I had a Great Uncle Alex Lundy My late Grandmother's brother.Her Mother was A Greer who married a Lundy.They lived on Short Strand St.Maybe some more names and I can ask my Dad who remembers so much.

Loneygrandchild

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 11:22:34 AM »
Hi, do u have a Lundy girl who married a Dempsey?

1911 Census - Residents of a house 71 in Short Strand Street (Pottinger (part of), Down      Lundy  John   Lundy  Mary   Lundy  Annie   Lundy  Kate   Lundy  John   Lundy  Mary   Lundy  Patrick   Lundy  Ann   Dempsey  Patrick   Dempsey  Maggie

Dempsey Rooney McGivern Nolan Hughes O'Neill Bogue O'Hara Boyle Madden Donnelly Downey Fegan Foster Farr Sheils McCormack Gracey Gallagher McDowell

gen_bug

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 04:39:49 PM »
My husbands great grandparents are Mary Jane McCrory & Robert Stewart.  After Robert Stewart died, Mary Jane married to Alexander Lundy.  Could this be the same Alexander Lundy you are looking for? 
I also find it curious your surname is Moylan.  Mary Jane McCrorys mothers maiden name was Moylan.

Also, Dempsey referenced above.  Mary Jane McCrory & Robert Stewarts daughter Marie married a James Dempsey
the Alexander Lundy I have died 09 May 1980

Feel free to message me.

mwright

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 06:00:48 PM »
Hello!  Also just starting to research Lundy.  Don't think I can help you very much but I'd greatly appreciate any info you may uncover about my relatives while you are searching for yours.  I will be going to PRONI on Friday and will look for info on Alexander for you using the info you provided in your posts.  Will let you know what I uncover.   

My grandmother was Catherine "Cassie" Lundy, aged 18 in 1901, and she lived at number 43 in the Short Strand.  Interestingly, there are two nephews listed at 41(?) on the same census with the name Lundy which may help me find other members of my family.

Another family is listed at 71 in the Short Strand on the 1911 census, though the names are unfamiliar to me.

My grandmother Lundy married Henry Sheils and they lived on and off Sunnyside St, where his family has lived for many years.  Any info not found on the 1901 and 1911 censuses about the Sheils family would be greatly appreciated (I noticed someone's footer contained the name Sheils - hint, hint!)  thx
(RC) Sheils Maxwell Magee - Antrim Belfast and Down Belfast, ?Aghagallon; Lundy McManus Murray - Saintfield, Ballynahinch, and Down Belfast

maura

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 06:49:05 PM »
Irish Ancestry Search
Entry Details
Record TypeCivil MarriageDate of Marriage4 Feb 1876Groom Namejames LUNDYBride Namecatherine MCMANUSChurchBelfast Roman Catholic ChurchParishBelfast Urban 11Civil DistrictBelfastCountyDown
James father a James
Catherine father's a Henry

Children
Hugh 1877
Catherine 1878
Mary 1880
Jane 1883
Catherine 1884
Sophia 1885
James 1889
John 1891
William P 1898

maura

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »
John & Francis Lundy living at 47 Short strand street 1901 are sons of William Lundy & Mary Jane McCartan