Author Topic: FAMILY TREE SURNAME LUNDY BELFAST  (Read 15046 times)

mwright

Re: FAMILY TREE SURNAME LUNDY BELFAST
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 08:45:12 AM »
Thanks Maura for the very helpful information!  Promise to pay it forward. 
(RC) Sheils Maxwell Magee - Antrim Belfast and Down Belfast, ?Aghagallon; Lundy McManus Murray - Saintfield, Ballynahinch, and Down Belfast

mwright

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 12:58:07 PM »
for margaret moylan:  unfortunately, didn't get to PRONI as intended but did come across a couple of lundy references in the links below.  apologise if you've already been there.  have also been using the ecatalogue (spell?) on the PRONI site to browse documents with the name lundy - omg i was shocked to see some thieves among them!  also disturbed to read that lundy is now a noun used to describe a traitor!!  best of luck.      http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/yourplaceandmine/belfast/markets.shtml (a sadie, eamon, and jimmy lundy mentioned)    http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,26862.0.html (Alec Lundy and others from the short strand - make sure you see the additional posting as it contains another lundy))   http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rosdavies/SURNAMES/L/Lu.htm#lun 88 lundy matches   best of luck...
(RC) Sheils Maxwell Magee - Antrim Belfast and Down Belfast, ?Aghagallon; Lundy McManus Murray - Saintfield, Ballynahinch, and Down Belfast

gen_bug

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 10:42:26 PM »
My mother's maiden name is Lundy, and married into the moylan family. I have started a family tree and trying to locate my mothers parents and grandparents? Her Fathers name was Alexander Lundy who was married twice, his first wife (my mothers, mother) is Mary Boyle by maiden name.  If anyone knows anymore please let me know. Thank you

Margaret I sent you a privvate message, as I believe I have a connection to your family after all ;)

Loneygrandchild

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 06:06:21 PM »
Hi, I have info on a John Rainey and Elizabeth Lundy Rainey, burials late 1938 - early 1940s.

I cant remember who was looking for this info but I have found the burials along with other Lundy/Rainey info.

Make urself known pls!!!!!!!!!!

LGC
Dempsey Rooney McGivern Nolan Hughes O'Neill Bogue O'Hara Boyle Madden Donnelly Downey Fegan Foster Farr Sheils McCormack Gracey Gallagher McDowell

e.rainey

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 01:11:39 PM »
Hi, I have info on a John Rainey and Elizabeth Lundy Rainey, burials late 1938 - early 1940s.

I cant remember who was looking for this info but I have found the burials along with other Lundy/Rainey info.

Make urself known pls!!!!!!!!!!

LGC
My Grandad was John Rainey who died early 1938.

e.rainey

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 02:25:44 PM »
My husbands great grandparents are Mary Jane McCrory & Robert Stewart.  After Robert Stewart died, Mary Jane married to Alexander Lundy.  Could this be the same Alexander Lundy you are looking for? 
I also find it curious your surname is Moylan.  Mary Jane McCrorys mothers maiden name was Moylan.

Also, Dempsey referenced above.  Mary Jane McCrory & Robert Stewarts daughter Marie married a James Dempsey
the Alexander Lundy I have died 09 May 1980

Feel free to message me.
I'll check if the Alexander Lundy above is my Father's Uncle.He never married.When he died he was living on Twinbrook Dunmurray

gen_bug

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 12:16:50 AM »
"Hi, do u have a Lundy girl who married a Dempsey?

1911 Census - Residents of a house 71 in Short Strand Street (Pottinger (part of), Down      Lundy  John   Lundy  Mary   Lundy  Annie   Lundy  Kate   Lundy  John   Lundy  Mary   Lundy  Patrick   Lundy  Ann   Dempsey  Patrick   Dempsey  Maggie"

It turns out I have a connection to this family as well.

Patrick Joseph Dempsey (Son of Daniel & Lucia Dempsey nee Tighe) married Margaret Lundy on September 26 1909 in Belfast RC Church.
I had never known her maiden name.  Patrick and Maggie are my mother in law's grandparents.

Also the name Lundy I mentioned on previous posts married into her other side of the tree, McCrory's.

valkerr

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 01:05:55 AM »

The father of Patrick Joseph Dempsey who married in 1909 was John:
Surname: dempsey; Year: 1909; Spouse's Surname: lundy;
Surname   Firstname   Year   Fathers Firstname   county
DEMPSEY   PATRICK JOSEPH   1909   JOHN Antrim

gen_bug

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 01:15:09 AM »
The father of Patrick Joseph Dempsey who married in 1909 was John:
Surname: dempsey; Year: 1909; Spouse's Surname: lundy;
Surname   Firstname   Year   Fathers Firstname   county
DEMPSEY   PATRICK JOSEPH   1909   JOHN Antrim

Thank you Valker,
Are you able to see if you can find anything for a Patrick John Dempsey who married a Margaret ??
They would be parents to;
John Dempsey m: Sadie Young
James Dempsey m: Marie Stewart
Mary Dempsey m: Brian Lynn

It would be much appreciated.  Im looking as well but am "newer" to Irish Genealogy,  I usually work on Newfoundland genealogy lol.

Thanks

valkerr

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 02:33:54 AM »

These are the only marriages I can find around the right time with a father Daniel: Nothing for Patrick John

http://www.ancestryireland.com
DEMPSEY   KATHLEEN   1901   DANIEL   Antrim
DEMPSEY   JOSEPH   1903   DANIEL   Antrim
DEMPSEY   AGNES      1911   DANIEL   Antrim
DEMPSEY   TERESA J   1919   DANIEL   Antrim

http://www.emeraldancestors.com
Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage   31 Dec 1901
Groom Name   Patrick BOYLE
Bride Name   Kathleen DEMPSEY
Church   Our Lady & Saint Patrick Roman Catholic Church
Parish   Ballymoney
Civil District   Ballymoney
County   Antrim

Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage   25 Mar 1903
Groom Name   Joseph DEMPSEY
Bride Name   Catherine Ann CAMPBELL
Church   Belfast Roman Catholic Church
Parish   Belfast Urban 11
Civil District   Belfast
County   Down

Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage   12 Aug 1919
Groom Name   Horace John TURNER
Bride Name   Teresa J DEMPSEY
Church   Our Lady & Saint Patrick Roman Catholic Church
Parish   Ballymoney
Civil District   Ballymoney
County   Antrim

mwright

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »
Hellooo!  Hope all are well. 

Iím looking for any info available on a JAMES LUNDY c1825.  No further info other than his name listed on my ggf James Lundyís marriage certificate.  I guess my first question would be is whether there is anyone out there who knows whether any of the Lundy families in the Pottinger DED in 1901 were related?

Possible Pottinger Lundy links by religion, occupation, and birth place county down In 1901:
My ggf James Lundy, 56, RC, railway joiner
An unmarried John Lundy, 50 , RC, railway porter
A married John Lundy, 33, RC, railway engine driver

My ggf James Lundy m Catherine McManus in 1876 at St Mattís RC Belfast. 
Catís father Henry, Jamesí father JAMES. 
Witnesses:  Joseph Hanna and Mary McManus

All children baptd in St Mattís and all bapts recs found on UHF site except Samuelís, which was found on anc.co.uk. 

NAME                                                  DATE OF BAPTISM                                WITNESS 1                                             WITNESS 2
Hugh                                                    03 Jan 1877                                           David McManus                                    Mary Lundy
Samuel                                                10 Jul 1878*                                          unk                                                         
Catherine #1                                      13 Aug 1878*                                       William Lundy                                       Margaret McManus
Mary                                                    20 May 1880                                         John Lundy                                            Agnes Rice
Jane                                                     26 Mar 1882                                         Hugh McNamara                                   Sophia Hanna
Catherine                                            05 Jan 1884                                           James Smyth                                          Catherine Burns
Sophia                                                 02 Aug 1885                                          Sophia McManus                                 
James                                                   03 Feb 1889                                          William Gunning                                   Catherine Gaw
John                                                     10 Jul 1891                                            Jane McManus                                     
Sarah                                                   22 Oct 1893                                          Isabella Lundy                                       
William Patrick                                   12 Mar 1898                                         William McIlwaine                                Catherine McIlwaine
*question period between births, possibly a transcription error?

Their family lived at 43 Short Strand and included the following people in 1901: 
Father James
Mother Catherine
Samuel
Mary
Catherine
Sophia
James
John
William Patrick

Missing: 
Hugh, possibly died in 1883
Catherine #1, assumed to have died as there is another follow-on Catherine
Jane
James, believe he died in infancy
Sarah

Unable to locate family in 1911. 

A lot of info, I know!  Just thought Iíd throw as many names as I could out there in the hope that one would stick!  Any help you can provide would be most appreciated. 

Thx, cjm

Loneygrandchild

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 06:01:52 AM »
 Hi,
here is a list of the Lundy burials in Milltown Cemetery Belfast that I have found so far, with the names u mentioned.

JAMES LUNDY
1905       32 yrs -                  Lagan Street.
1908       10 mths -              Eliza Street.       
1914       55 yrs -                  Union Hospital.
1930       9 mths -                Sheriff Street.
1956       19 yrs -                  Royal Victoria Hospital. 

JOHN LUNDY
1913       47 yrs -                  Shortstrand Street.
1929       80 yrs -                  Anderson Street.
1936       46 yrs -                  Union.
1937       60 yrs -                  Cromac Street.
1952       1 dy -                     Youngs Row.
1958       78 yrs -                  City Hospital.
1959       77 yrs -                  Forfar Street.

HUGH LUNDY
1950       78 yrs -                  Brompton Park.
1960       49 yrs -                  Royal Victoria Hospital. 

PATRICK LUNDY               
1910       34 yrs -                  Madrid Street.
1919       1 yr 8 mths -        Clyde Street.
1938       81 yrs -                  Anderson Street.
1958       22 yrs -                  Waterford, (Heyborn?).

WILLIAM LUNDY
1897       4 yrs -                    Quinn Street.
1898       55 yrs -                  Catherine Street.
1926       59 yrs -                  Royal Victoria Hospital. 
1941       84 yrs -                  Nazereth House.

CATHERINE LUNDY
1901       36 yrs -                  Quinn Street.
1919       59 yrs -                  Quinn Street.
1929       2 yrs 6 mths -       North Thomas Street.

ISABELLA LUNDY
1924       47 yrs -                  Sheriff Street.

C. MARY LUNDY
1902       1 yr -                      Catherine Street.

MARY JANE LUNDY
1894       41 yrs -                  Middlepath Street.
1944       3 mths -                 Shortstrand.

MARY TERESA LUNDY
1930       10 mths -             Keegan Street. 

MARY LUNDY
1920       40 yrs -                  Union.
1925       52 yrs -                  Vulcan Street.
1941       60 yrs -                  Mater Hospital.
1948       54 yrs -                   Rileys Court.
1953       43 yrs -                   Keegan Street.
1960       71 yrs -                  Royal Victoria Hospital. 
1960       59 yrs -                  Royal Victoria Hospital. 

SARAH LUNDY
1911       55 yrs -                  Anderson Street.
1945       79 yrs -                  Dunmore Street.
1945       68 yrs -                  Anderson Street.
1957       58 yrs -                  Ross Street.

No matches for Agnes, Sophia or Samuel so far but I have a list Lundys who share a grave with some of the above:

1905 James with 1940 Elizabeth.
1908 James with 1902 C. Mary.
1914 James with 1919 Catherine.
1924 Isabella withn1930 James & 1934 Charles.
1913 John with 1918 Margaret & 1925 Mary.
1894 Francis with 1894 Mary Jane, 1910 Patrick & 1929 John.
1920 Mary with 1936 John.
1937 John with 1943 Mrs Elizabeth & 1956 Bridget.
1945 Alice with 1954 Eugene, 1958 John & 1960 Arthur.
1954 Pat? With 1957 Sara & 1959 John.
1897 William with 1902 Catherine & 1920 Ann.
1942 Elizabeth with 1944 Arthur & 1944 Mary Jane.
1910 Arthur with 1911 Sara, 1919 Patrick & 1945 Sarah.
1936 Margaret with 1950 Hugh.
1930 Elizabeth with 1938 Patrick.  This Elizabeth from Ballynahinch.
1954 Lydia with 1958 Patrick.
1896 Thomas with 1898 William, 1906 Bridget & 1914 Kathleen.
1926 William with 1932 Margaret.

Other names:                    either Eamon or Simon & Daniel.
Other addresses:             Annadale Embankment, Garnet Street, Kilmood Street, Walmer Street & Welsh Street.

Hope this helps,
LGC

Dempsey Rooney McGivern Nolan Hughes O'Neill Bogue O'Hara Boyle Madden Donnelly Downey Fegan Foster Farr Sheils McCormack Gracey Gallagher McDowell

rathlin

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 01:42:55 PM »
Sarah Lundy, 1957, was my aunt.   She was married to a Patrick Lundy.  Patrick, worked in Mackie's and was found drowned in the river Lagan after being missing for five weeks. 
Remembering the forgotten innocents of all wars.

mwright

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2013, 02:48:41 PM »
LGC: 

OMG! What a great amount of work you've done!  thank you, thank you, thank you. 

Odd that we have such names in common and I've yet to find a link.  My lundys were from the short strand from the early 1800s until early 1900s,don't know where they came from before that. 

Have yet to encounter a Margaret Sheils from 1840s (think you were looking for her, but I could be mistaken). 

Can you tell me about your experience gathering info from Milltown? 

Just to put paid to some things so you don't keep looking: 
Agnes was a Rice not a Lundy and was just a witness at a ceremony
Sophia married a protestant named james vincent, so she wouldn't have been buried in milltown
Samuel was widowed at 21 (think wife died in childbirth) and he then disappeared never to be heard from again.  My mother clearly remembers the day and the shocked silence in the room when her mother casually mentioned her brother samuel!   

thanks again, your effort and willingness to share are greatly appreciated!

Loneygrandchild

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 12:53:09 AM »
Hi mwright, I spent over £120 on searches before I learnt from a grave digger that the burials were available for FREE in PRONI.
The info from the paid searches was great 2 get but I soon discovered it was full of mistakes.
I know from reading the microfilms that some of the writing is very hard 2 decipher so I understand some mistakes but I have been given burials that were 10 years out, grave purchased by wrong person, ages incorrect and steet names wrong. 
I would advise double checking all info including my own.
LGC