Author Topic: FAMILY TREE SURNAME LUNDY BELFAST  (Read 15074 times)

Mmr

Re: FAMILY TREE SURNAME LUNDY BELFAST
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2019, 12:42:54 PM »
Yes arthur lundy and sarah lundy are my great great grandparents. Was cassie lundy related to arthur

mwright

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2019, 02:37:00 PM »
MMR:. Pretty certain James Lundy (husband to Cassie) not directly related to either Sarah or Arthur.  Think he may have been from Saintfield area.
(RC) Sheils Maxwell Magee - Antrim Belfast and Down Belfast, ?Aghagallon; Lundy McManus Murray - Saintfield, Ballynahinch, and Down Belfast

Mmr

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2019, 09:19:52 PM »
I think then my great great grandad was arthur lundy and sarah my great great grandmother. Only know of john as their son. Do you have anymore information on them

mwright

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2019, 09:26:08 PM »
MMR: Let me look through my files and I'll get back to you.  Believe there were about 7 kids.  Remember Anne as one of the eldest.  Will let you know.
(RC) Sheils Maxwell Magee - Antrim Belfast and Down Belfast, ?Aghagallon; Lundy McManus Murray - Saintfield, Ballynahinch, and Down Belfast

mwright

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2019, 09:44:44 PM »
Mmr:
Anne 1875
Sarah 1877
John 1880
Rose 1882
Arthur 1886
Rose Ellen 1891
Patrick 1894
James 1896

Again, please double check!  All St Matt's.

Mmr

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2019, 08:18:50 AM »
My great granda john lundy died 1959 he was 77 so not the john born in 1880. His father was arthur lundy

mwright

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2019, 08:25:05 AM »
MMR: Sorry for confusion!  Thought you had said the John Lundy who married Kate Greer? Must have been someone else   Regrets!

Stinley

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2020, 01:15:31 AM »
Hello all,

Not sure if anyone is checking this.

I think E. Rainey - we are cousins. I'm a grandson of Paddy Lundy of Lowry St - married to Susan McCartan. I met your grandmother Lizzie when I was a little boy, shortly after my grandmother Susan died.

I've just stumbled on this - thanks for all this, MWright! you've confirmed some of my guesswork from the searches I've done but was stumped by Sarah Lundy (d. 1915)'s father Patrick's whereabouts...

A few questions if you or anyone might be able to answer:

1. So Arthur and Sarah were in the Short Strand by 1885 when Patrick died? I have the earliest kids baptisms in St Matthew's (tho not Anne's.. I didn't find her.)

2. Interested as to why the wedding cert has Sarah at Cluntagh near Annahilt in Down, and Arthur at Annacloy and the marriage in Ballynahinch - maybe the Patrick Lundy d. 1885 moved with the family shortly after 1873?

Also, am I right in thinking Arthur and Sarah were related (I imagine that was somewhat common in those days)?

3. Is the Arthur Lundy on Madden's this Arthur, or his son, or a cousin? I've heard it might be Martyn Lundy of Katmandu's dad...

Many thanks!

Karl

Briedge

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2020, 06:48:42 PM »
Arthur Lundy, Maddens,  was the father of Martin Lundy from Kathmandu! I am Martin's cousin, Briedge.

Stinley

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2020, 08:39:13 AM »
Thanks, Briedge!

I don't suppose you know roughly Arthur's timeline? An Arthur James Lundy is born in the Short Strand in 1915... I'm wondering if this the fiddler.

Trying to unpick the Lundys - they are a big clan!

Karl

Briedge

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2020, 08:50:24 AM »
Arthur had 14 children! As far as I know, 2 of them are no longer with us, Artie, the eldest lad who. lived in Canada and Martin! Arthur was from the Short strand but I have seen many other Lundy’s names on here that I don’t  know. Arthur and Pat Lundy were brothers. Arthur married Elizabeth and Pat married Eileen Greer who has been mentioned on here.

Stinley

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2020, 09:03:47 AM »
Thanks, Briedge. I'm pretty sure that if his brother was Pat who lived on the Mount and married Eileen Greer, Arthur was born in 1915. Their father, Patrick Lundy of Anderson St, was sadly killed in World War One (Arthur was an infant and Pat born a few months after his father's death). At least this is my research's conclusions, someone might be able to verify.

Fascinating history. Thanks for solving that for me!

Briedge

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2020, 09:09:13 AM »
Arthur and Pat’s mother, Kitty remarried my grandfather, Hugh Whinnery. Hope this is of some help to you Karl.

Stinley

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2020, 09:11:05 AM »
It is indeed - I've found her, née Keating?

My side of the family are Patrick d. 1917's brother, John b. 1880. He had a very big family, including my grandfather Patrick b. 1923.

I wasn't sure who the Arthur on Madden's was, and now I know, so I'm delighted!

Thanks again, Briedge.

Karl