Author Topic: EMBARRASED TO COME FROM BELFAST  (Read 42244 times)

LOTUSS

EMBARRASED TO COME FROM BELFAST
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:41:55 AM »
Guys i was abused as a kid in everyway you can think.Iv lived at the heart of the dirty sectarian war here ,fought by two sets of so called christians.The people who murdered hundreds are now in government over us,no wonder im embarrased.Thats not to say there are some fine people who have come from n.ireland,but to see the low life lording it over us at stormont is a lot to take.YES MY OPINION ARE STRONG ,BUT NO WONDER ,I DIDNT MAKE THIS PLACE DYSFUNTIONAL ,OTHERS DID.IF IM ALLOWED TO STAY ON THE FORUM ,AND IT RESPECTS FREE SPEECH YOU WILL SEE MANY SIDES TO ME WHICH ARE BRAVE ,KIND, BUT REFUSES TO SUFFER FOOLS GLADLY.IM A PRODUCT OF BELFAST,JAMES

GandT

Re: EMBARRASED TO COME FROM BELFAST
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 01:10:08 PM »
Hi Lottus. Welcome as a Newbie to the Forum and I hope that you will stay with us. Free speech and all sorts of views are welcome but as one gives, so one receives. I am not sure to which set of so-called 'low-lifes' you allude when speaking about those members elected to the Assembly by the people of Northern Ireland / north of Ireland / Ulster / Six Counties. Perhaps you are encompassing all of them within those condemnatory terms. Personally, and I refer to all parties when I say this, I would rather be represented by people genuinely reflective / respresentative of the whole community - especially MLAs from working-class loyalist / unionist/nationalist/ republican communites than those much wealthier and supposedly respectable MPs of the past. If anyone was responsible for the decline into conflict - they were. As to dismissing the conflict as a war between 'Christians' - that is much too easy. There was no war over the doctrine of Transubstantiation or the Westminster Confession of Faith. That is too easy labelling - the conflict arises from complex issues of culture, identity, social deprivation, poverty, exclusion etc that are not confined to any one community but deeply affecting both. I am not at all embarrassed about hailing from Belfast and have always found the vast majority of its people [those who elected our present MLAs] more politically and more socially aware than most other on these islands.
I am not sure that this fits into the Forum category in question but, if not, it will be moved to one more suitable to the topic. In any case, good luck with posts and stay long enough to enjoy the 'craic'.

Lilyrose

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 01:11:24 PM »
Welcome on board James.I hear you load and clear and it's nice to see someone who is coming from the same place as myself.
DILLIGAF!

tboy

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 08:31:18 PM »
would agree with Gandi, although it is hard to take, ould Paisley was right and even us hard bitten nationlists accept cohabitation above the Down gold coast rule ;)

RobRoy

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 08:41:28 PM »
Welcome on board James.I hear you load and clear and it's nice to see someone who is coming from the same place as myself.

I knew it!!!!! Bloody Glengormley blowins.  :o :o :D

Lilyrose

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 09:33:32 PM »
I knew it!!!!! Bloody Glengormley blowins.  :o :o :D

:D   Fcek off you ;) :-*
DILLIGAF!

toadstool999

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 09:36:55 PM »
I was born in and lived around Belfast for 47 years. I now live in Vermont, USA and when people hear my accent and ask me where I'm from I answer "Belfast".
I don't feel embarrassed or ashamed, why should I?  I feel proud to be a Belfast man. 
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Astor

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »
Guys i was abused as a kid in everyway you can think.Iv lived at the heart of the dirty sectarian war here ,fought by two sets of so called christians.The people who murdered hundreds are now in government over us,no wonder im embarrased.Thats not to say there are some fine people who have come from n.ireland,but to see the low life lording it over us at stormont is a lot to take.YES MY OPINION ARE STRONG ,BUT NO WONDER ,I DIDNT MAKE THIS PLACE DYSFUNTIONAL ,OTHERS DID.IF IM ALLOWED TO STAY ON THE FORUM ,AND IT RESPECTS FREE SPEECH YOU WILL SEE MANY SIDES TO ME WHICH ARE BRAVE ,KIND, BUT REFUSES TO SUFFER FOOLS GLADLY.IM A PRODUCT OF BELFAST,JAMES

Welcome to Belfast Forum LOTUSS - we're all products of Belfast in one way or another, that's all in the past and it's up to the people of the north to make sure it stays like that.  I hope you will continue to post, we've all got strong opinions on things  - you'll be fine so long as you keep to BF rules.        Hopefully you will meet some old friends on here and make some new ones as well, I wish you all the best - all the fine people you talk about are on here, so come and joing us  :)
Que Sera Sera

Astor

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 09:44:19 PM »
I was born in and lived around Belfast for 47 years. I now live in Vermont, USA and when people hear my accent and ask me where I'm from I answer "Belfast".
I don't feel embarrassed or ashamed, why should I?  I feel proud to be a Belfast man.

Same here Toadstool, I'd never be ashamed to say I'm from Belfast  O0

Que Sera Sera

LOTUSS

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 10:47:18 AM »
                  lily rose and also nice for me to see that there are other sane people out there,James

LOTUSS

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 10:49:21 AM »
                  lily rose and also nice for me to see that there are other sane people out there,James
Astor with out being rude ,surely there is a contradiction with you living in the usa and not your beloved Belfast,James

LOTUSS

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 10:52:25 AM »

You say your not sure who im aluding to.I would have thought that was obvious ,the murderers ,theives ,torturers ,you and i know who im talking about,James

Lilyrose

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 11:01:26 AM »

I don't know about being sane but I also don't wear the rose tinted glasses that some do.Nice to see some fresh blood James.

Welcome and I hope you find some enjoyment here.I sure as hell have learnt a lot about people on here.

And I get were your coming from regarding the [censored] that inflicted itself upon the people of NI.
DILLIGAF!

Giannineo

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 11:18:17 AM »
Astor with out being rude ,surely there is a contradiction with you living in the usa and not your beloved Belfast,James
you have moved Astor- you did not tell me :D

Astor

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 11:53:18 AM »

I've no idea why you think I live in USA James ???   I live in London and am a frequent visitor to Belfast as I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers there, not a lot I don't know about the place, good and bad  :)    I still believe it'd be hard to find anywhere more beautiful than Northern Ireland if all the people would move on and live in the future and not the past  :)    Sadly Belfast has left its mark on many people but the future is still up to them, I wish you well  :-*
Que Sera Sera