Author Topic: EMBARRASED TO COME FROM BELFAST  (Read 42650 times)

IrishDigger

Re: EMBARRASED TO COME FROM BELFAST
« Reply #450 on: January 30, 2019, 07:30:02 AM »
Thanks irish digger how do I do this how ever why take out one page when it's the truth thanks

Yeah Jimmy, I don't quite get it, I guess Admin whats to bury certain posts in a restricted entry separate board, they are not being deleted and so one could not claim that it is a form of censorship, however I can't see the point of trying to hide the reality of a given situation and if a member feels precious about a certain subject then don't read it. :stop: :read:

Anyhow, you need Admin's approval to gain entry to the Hot Forum; to do this click on Profile, click on Forum Profile, scroll down to Group Membership, click on Group Membership and follow the prompts.
You will really enjoy it, heaps of good looking sheilas with free beer and a sausage sizzle. :party: .

jimmy f

« Reply #451 on: January 30, 2019, 11:28:17 AM »
Thanks irish digger

stickleback

« Reply #452 on: February 01, 2019, 07:54:38 PM »

It is absolutely mad for anyone to be embarrassed to come from Belfast.

It upsets me that anyone could think that way.

Think of our ancestors.

There were no neon lights and fast food joints then.

Whoever you are in Belfast, if you are from Northern Ireland, the chances are that your ancestors grew up and lived in poverty. They struggled all their lives and now lie in forgotten graves. Believe it or not, you are the apex of what they strived for. As every parent wants for their children, something better than they had. As it should be. Never put yourself down. You are not just the lonely individual peering into shop windows. You carry a huge and proud and very hard-fought lineage from ancestors who had nothing. You are the product of thousands of years. Be proud of yourself and be proud of Belfast. Neither came easy.

JackM

« Reply #453 on: February 02, 2019, 01:09:02 PM »
Yes, very embarrassing to claim to come from Belfast these days.   :(
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

tours

« Reply #454 on: February 03, 2019, 12:04:23 PM »

It is absolutely mad for anyone to be embarrassed to come from Belfast.

It upsets me that anyone could think that way.

Think of our ancestors.

There were no neon lights and fast food joints then.

Whoever you are in Belfast, if you are from Northern Ireland, the chances are that your ancestors grew up and lived in poverty. They struggled all their lives and now lie in forgotten graves. Believe it or not, you are the apex of what they strived for. As every parent wants for their children, something better than they had. As it should be. Never put yourself down. You are not just the lonely individual peering into shop windows. You carry a huge and proud and very hard-fought lineage from ancestors who had nothing. You are the product of thousands of years. Be proud of yourself and be proud of Belfast. Neither came easy.
Good post.
Anyone embarrassed to come from Belfast, needs a custard pie moment. 😊

misssmyth1

« Reply #455 on: February 26, 2019, 02:16:10 PM »
we all have to come from somewhere .  it is not where you start it is where you finish . i left at age 19 to come to London no regrets . but loved my life in Belfast with family & friends . I was happy , until the 'troubles' than I decided to leave . My choice entirely .  I received a good education thank goodness which enabled me to obtain a good job here especially  at that age  and through my parents was taught to be tolerant towards all .  we should never knock where we were born or brought up it is what we make of ourselves that counts in the  present and in the  the long run .I live by' personal responsibility '. can't blame anyone else if it all doesn't got to plan just gota  make another one to get you through at that time and  carry on  we have all had our bad times .not many of us  get to  sail through life ... and GOOD LUCK

jillyfred

« Reply #456 on: February 26, 2019, 03:59:07 PM »

Perhaps when some posters have said they are embarrassed to come from Belfast they do not
mean the City itself-rather they mean the inhabitants!

jilly :D

henry irwin

« Reply #457 on: February 26, 2019, 05:02:55 PM »
 yes!

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #458 on: February 26, 2019, 10:13:13 PM »
Perhaps when some posters have said they are embarrassed to come from Belfast they do not

Exactly  O0 O0
Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

James James

« Reply #459 on: February 27, 2019, 04:08:05 AM »
Perhaps when some posters have said they are embarrassed to come from Belfast they do not mean the City itself-rather they mean the inhabitants!  jilly :D   
Yessss,... perhaps so,... and perhaps that might also relate to what is being astutely said here,...
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,75541.msg2111852.html#msg2111852

Billy Fish

« Reply #460 on: March 02, 2019, 06:20:17 PM »
I am not particularly embarrassed to come from Belfast, it's just I never admit to being from Belfast.
Support Soldier F

tours

« Reply #461 on: March 02, 2019, 07:42:01 PM »

Thats even worse... Dear God. 🙄
Was that suppose to be funny?
Please explain yourself... by inhabitants and embarrassed.

tours

« Reply #462 on: March 02, 2019, 07:43:13 PM »
I am not particularly embarrassed to come from Belfast, it's just I never admit to being from Belfast.
Why???

misssmyth1

« Reply #463 on: March 06, 2019, 12:13:01 PM »
maybe some people have had bad experiences and don't remember belfast as a happy place .and some of the inhabitants may not be 'nice' as in every City in the world?   I have no wish to go back there but was happy enough when living there... at the time....  I was young when I left  as stated earlier .' For me personally' I left at the right time  to retain good  memories

tours

« Reply #464 on: March 06, 2019, 12:20:10 PM »
maybe some people have had bad experiences and don't remember belfast as a happy place .and some of the inhabitants may not be 'nice' as in every City in the world?   I have no wish to go back there but was happy enough when living there... at the time....  I was young when I left  as stated earlier .' For me personally' I left at the right time  to retain good  memories
And that's your person's experience.
I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
Generally, the people are the salt of the earth.