Author Topic: EMBARRASED TO COME FROM BELFAST  (Read 50527 times)

Kateme

Re: EMBARRASED TO COME FROM BELFAST
« Reply #510 on: August 05, 2019, 05:40:58 PM »
I haven't read this thread, as such.

I wasn't even born in Belfast but arrived with my parents aged 3. My late parents were born in Belfast and environs; I was born in a garrison camp in Germany. I was always more intrigued about Belfast than the average kid. My map as a 14 yr old was different to most. I used to take days out and walk for miles through the areas I wasn't meant to be in. I just wanted to see what was going on. Of another day, I'd be fishing alone by the river Maze.
Taking the bus on my tod.   

I wasn't cut out to be messed with by extremism from any side.

I was the kid looking out the window.

Yet if I looked close enough I was looking at my own reflection.

Belfast never leaves you and I left 30 yrs ago.

It is such a vibrant city with its rich industrial past.

It's not for me to judge those who hate Belfast, but although I have not been back in a few years I will never do the city down: I love Belfast
Awesome post Stickleback -  O0
“Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”

James James

« Reply #511 on: August 05, 2019, 08:18:34 PM »
Awesome post Stickleback -  O0 

It  sure is awesome, and very very accurate and pertinent about the real Belfast and the real majority of Belfast people.

"Belfast never leaves you and I left 30 yrs ago."

"It is such a vibrant city with its rich industrial past."

"It's not for me to judge those who hate Belfast, but although I have not been back in a few years I will never do the city down: I love Belfast"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly so, and many of the really genuine folk who were once from there, and many who still are, would very certainly say much the same thing, both about themselves and about the City and their experiences of it and it's people.

Ulster in general, and Belfast in particular,are unique, and in so many different and vibrant ways. That's why everyone from there always continues to refer to it as home, no matter wherever else they may have gone to, and it also has something to do with the popular reception that they often get when they go elsewhere.

kevmac

« Reply #512 on: August 08, 2019, 12:15:05 PM »
Hello Belfast,I am a new writer to Forum,I left Belfast in 1960 before the"troubles"I have watched with interest all the comings and goings in Belfast over the years,hoping that things would improve but I am afraid that they havent,just read about the New Lodge riots,same old,same old.as long as kids go to different schools and live in dfferent ghetos things will stay the same.I read the Telegraph on line every day and see the same bigotted nonsense every day ,Im afraid that there is no hope for AUL belfast and Norn Iron.
Regards and get a grip of yourselves.

Bigali

« Reply #513 on: August 08, 2019, 12:37:22 PM »
Hello Belfast,I am a new writer to Forum,I left Belfast in 1960 before the"troubles"I have watched with interest all the comings and goings in Belfast over the years,hoping that things would improve but I am afraid that they havent,just read about the New Lodge riots,same old,same old.as long as kids go to different schools and live in dfferent ghetos things will stay the same.I read the Telegraph on line every day and see the same bigotted nonsense every day ,Im afraid that there is no hope for AUL belfast and Norn Iron.

Out of curiosity, where are you posting from kevmac ?

I’m not asking for any nefarious reason I’m just being nosy , no worries if you’d rather not say.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

syriana

« Reply #514 on: August 08, 2019, 01:33:46 PM »

Accurate observations Kev and good advice - keep posting.
No answer is an answer.

jillyfred

« Reply #515 on: August 08, 2019, 03:05:37 PM »

==
Hello Kevin,
A fair and honest post.
However,God Willing there is hope for Belfast and Northern Ireland in the not too distant future.
We still have amongst us who have an Agenda the opposite of this.
However,the majority of our people are like decent people anywhere.They want the best for themselves and their loved ones in this life and will strive to make it happen one way or another.
They are well aware where they will be economically safe to enable them to attain the standard of life they adhere to.
We Northerners have our wits about us like all Northerners!!!
As Syriana said-keep posting Kevin-the Forum needs constructive unbiased views of NI.
IMHO as usual.

jilly

ldugan

« Reply #516 on: August 08, 2019, 05:33:03 PM »
Hi Kevmac welcome to the forum,it is sad to read your opinion of here.
Contrary to what you read, we are moving on, albeit slowly at times.
We have more integrated primary and secondary schools than we had before. Through time we will have more.
More mixed areas and lots of cross community groups than ever but these things are never portrayed in the media.
As for the New Lodge riots,it is a bunch of kids who are being manipulated by others.
Sadly this is a fact within both communities here, thugs using others to further not their cause for Ireland or Ulster but to line their own pockets.
Thankfully they do not have support from either community. 
Yes we still have the same bigoted nonsense ( most threads on this forum can attain to that) but there IS hope for us.  :)
We don't have to agree on anything to be kind to one another.

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #517 on: August 08, 2019, 09:25:54 PM »
welcome here’s hoping you will enjoy this forum   have to say kevmac things have moved  on yeah there’s things happen here and there  the same things that happen all over the world but overall things have improved with a lot of the younger generation getting to know each other through the intergrated schools and other stuff oh there’s always hope that’s one thing the Belfast ppl or majority of them have 
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent