Author Topic: John Toner  (Read 1142 times)

skinder

John Toner
« on: October 17, 2012, 03:18:54 PM »
Hi folks, new member here. Hoping to get info about my grandfather - John Toner.
Origionaly for the Newtownards Road who was shot for breaking curfew around Spetember 1920.

Any help or info would be great.

Thanks,

skinder

allymac

Re: John Toner
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:41:26 PM »
There's a John Toner,age 51 of Cable Street,who died on 11th September 1920,buried in Dundonald Cemetery.The grave number is E6 152.Hope this helps you.
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.

skinder

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 09:45:19 PM »
Post by Skinder 
                Thank you for info on JohnToner he was my grandfather. Would you know any thing about my grandmother Matilda .
                 my mum was onley 3 years old when my grandmother died and 12years when grandfather died.If you have I would be very
                 greatful.
                    Thank you Skinder.

allymac

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 11:33:50 AM »
There is a burial record for a Matilda Toner,age 37,from Church Street East,who died on 8/1/1911 and is buried in plot number R196 in the City Cemetery.There is also a record of a stillborn baby buried in the City Cemetery on 15/5/1906 whose parents are named as John and Matilda Toner of Church Street East.

DJ

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »
Hi Allymac. I take it that you have access to grave records. I have often wondered where my grandfather (my mother's dad) is buried. His name was David Clark and I can remember my mum telling me that he was buried near Lambeg. I never knew him, he was either from Connaught St, Donegall Avenue, or Pembroke Street which are all in Belfast. Hope you can help

allymac

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 04:21:35 PM »
Hi Allymac. I take it that you have access to grave records. I have often wondered where my grandfather (my mother's dad) is buried. His name was David Clark and I can remember my mum telling me that he was buried near Lambeg. I never knew him, he was either from Connaught St, Donegall Avenue, or Pembroke Street which are all in Belfast. Hope you can help
I can only get info from the Belfast City Council site.They have a grave search facility but it only shows some of the main graveyards such as the City,Dundonald and Roselawn.Unfortunately,I'm having trouble posting links....but try the Council site....it's really helpful for research.Best of luck.

PARTUR

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 05:18:57 PM »
Dear Skinder,
I do not know if you will read this post as I am following up on your message dated 2012.
I found your message while also looking into finding out more about John Toner’s shooting story. It seems that a lot was written about it in the newspapers at the time.
Did you also manage to find out more about Matilda?
Reading your message, I guess that your mum was Henrietta born in 1908. I have a copy of her and her sibblings’ application for admission into a Home for Children in Dublin after Matilda died.
I would be interested to know more about the descendants of Henrietta. I am linked to your aunt Margaret.
If you ever read this message, I will be happy to share all the information I possess.
Best regards from France
Partur