Author Topic: PADDY MORGAN billiard player extraordinaire  (Read 8000 times)

arder lavery

Re: PADDY MORGAN billiard player extraordinaire
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2018, 09:50:21 AM »

Arden, Iíll ring his cousin again and pass on your request.  I presume Paddy will have your contact details?
one of his sons still works in Sydney I'll give him a call tomorrow
HAVE NO FEAR CAUSE ARDERS HERE

arder lavery

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2018, 11:45:53 AM »
one of his sons still works in Sydney I'll give him a call tomorrow
spoke to paddy the other night and he and Joan are living back in Belfast . All's good

Bob fields

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2019, 02:52:44 AM »
paddy morgan did us proud, shortly after arriving in sydney he won the australian billiard title and held it for many years.
i believe he came from northqueen street and worked on the bus's.

i believe he also went to st gabriels for a while.

Bob fields

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2019, 02:57:08 AM »
I can tell you paddy is still alive and is still a fine gentleman whom I've had the pleasure of playing a game of doubles against him this last 2 weeks he can still pot a very good ball he also tipped my cue for me and when I say gentleman I mean Gentleman of the highest degree.

Jimmy Patterson

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2019, 05:07:54 AM »
Bob I think he held the Aussie title for so long because nobody challenged him. He told me it was under his bed.he came to our club one night and played the 10 best players and told a few jokes. There was some really good player in the club he give them all a big start and beat them all.

arder lavery

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2019, 11:48:06 AM »
Bob I think he held the Aussie title for so long because nobody challenged him. He told me it was under his bed.he came to our club one night and played the 10 best players and told a few jokes. There was some really good player in the club he give them all a big start and beat them all.
what club was that in ?

seos

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2019, 01:08:14 PM »
I think my dad Jimmy Curley played paddy a few times,as he talked about paddy when they played for st marys my dad played for the national as well in his later days he became the marker and looked after the tables in the old national club in berry st, it's great to see that paddy is still about, delighted I came across this page about paddy