Author Topic: looking for old school friends from Little Flower  (Read 7168 times)

Dommo

Re: looking for old school friends from Little Flower
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2013, 02:51:35 AM »
hello, ge welcome to the forum.

I hated it because i had a sister who was a year above me. Academia came easy to her she sailed through the whole thing.  I wasn't stupid person but i found it more difficult. i don't get on well in situations which are ridged and strict. I always had somewhere else to go and something else to do. i hated being slapped with the cane all the time as well. I wasn't a bad girl i was somewhat wild but never did anything really bad, just a little naughty. All i ever heard was 'Oh your sister never did that, your sister is cleverer than you, she does her homework on time she doesn't ask as many questions as you' on and on.

There was only one teacher i had any time for, she seemed to understand me and did what she could to accommodate me. In return i did my very best for her i worked hard in her class.

But, i don't hold any grudges, it would be so different now. it was a lot to do with the times we lived in as well.
I heard you were very very naughty
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

Belfasthen

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2013, 03:20:22 PM »
Hi, My name is Noreen Coleman nee Yellop cant forget that name quick. I was there from 1970 to 73 or 74. I was a goodie two shoes straight A student except for math because the nun was a total _____ she hated me and was 45 before I plucked up enough confidence to do college algebra... the teachers I remember were McCruden my mom got into it with her lol an Irish male teacher who stank of cigs (did not smoke back then) Mrs McQuillan French teacher, ... girls I remember Paula Murphy, Marie Stewart, Molly Moran, Maria Cadell. .Tried to find Paula years later but she was mad I moved to Cork.

Mondo

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 07:54:58 PM »
Hi Noreen, did you ever work in the CO-OP in York St?

Belfasthen

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 12:53:54 PM »
No sorry we moved to Cork when I was 14 too young to work back then. why? :)

Mondo

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 05:22:23 PM »
I worked there in 75/76. There was a girl that went to Little Flower that worked in the grocery dept. I think her name was Noreen or Eileen. I think she lived in Hillman St

emcmullan

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013, 03:40:18 AM »
Hi.
I went to the LIttle FLower the first year it opened. I don't have many fond memories of those days.
 I was there three years and left at age fourteen.
Sister Domingo was the head nun .The there was Sisters Dominic, Sister Magdaline,Sister Amy,Sister Aine ,Sister Fercelli and Sister Amy.
the only teacher I remember was a Miss Grimly. She was a nasty piece of work. She left marks on the back of both my hands so bad even she was nervous.Now I was no saint but I was a kid.
anyway those days are over.

Dommo

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013, 03:50:02 AM »
Hi.
I went to the LIttle FLower the first year it opened. I don't have many fond memories of those days.
 I was there three years and left at age fourteen.
Sister Domingo was the head nun .The there was Sisters Dominic, Sister Magdaline,Sister Amy,Sister Aine ,Sister Fercelli and Sister Amy.
the only teacher I remember was a Miss Grimly. She was a nasty piece of work. She left marks on the back of both my hands so bad even she was nervous.Now I was no saint but I was a kid.
anyway those days are over.
Then Grimly is the right name  :D
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

seosamh

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2020, 09:27:48 PM »
Belle, I went to barny 62 to 65, and we weren't aloud to mix with yous at lunch time or yous weren't aloud to come through it to the antrim rd, willie john steele even closed the back gates to stop us meeting up and but the prefects on the gates, I hated the school from my very 1st day lolol