Author Topic: Book for e-Reader -Proceeds to CHILDRENS HOSPICE  (Read 665 times)

Sarah beag

Book for e-Reader -Proceeds to CHILDRENS HOSPICE
« on: November 26, 2012, 11:40:20 PM »
CRYING FOR JOY’ by Sarah Barrett ISBN 1-905544-04-9 9-781905 544042
THIS E.BOOK IS A COPY OF THE FIRST EDITION AND IS BEING SOLD AGAIN FOR USE WITH AN
E-READER IN AN EFFORT TO RAISE FUNDS FOR THE NORTHERN IRELAND CHILDRENS HOSPICE.
Registered Charity Number, XN45696 / NI 14817  of NI Hospice, NI Children's Hospice
 Format is suitable for any e Reader. Payment of £2.99 to PayPal account. Please contact me for further information.
Synopsis
A fast paced mystery set in North Belfast in the New Lodge Road area in the thirties, this story centres on Meg Duffy who disappeared when she was five. Her brother John eventually finds and brings her home. He promises her that one day he will have her crying for joy. But things go very wrong as Meg drifts from one crisis to another, including blackmail, domestic violence and murder. The bombing of Belfast in 1941 is a turning point for Meg.
Please do not be tempted to pass on the E reader version of the book- remember the HOSPICE! Cost of the paper back book is £6.99 Deliveries to the greater New Lodge area Belfast is free and all copies will be signed by the author. If you live outside this area postage costs for the rest of Northern Ireland is £2.80
If for some unusual reason you don’t want to buy the book then a donation will be warmly accepted.

fidelmahilton

Re: Book for e-Reader -Proceeds to CHILDRENS HOSPICE
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 10:03:04 AM »
hi this book seems good is it still possible to buy the book  :)  thanks

Sarah beag

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 05:13:38 PM »
Member Fidamahilton  re book "Crying for Joy"

Yes, you may buy a  book but I have only 19 copies that I can personally sign left.

To answer your comment that the book sounds good, as the author I am somewhat prejudiced  ;)

I have received great feedback from U.S.A and England.

SOME COMMENTS RECEIVED:

1="I read this book in 6 hours, house and children away for the day"!

2= "I thought  the beginning was a bit slow but then I got to the part where I just couldn't put it down.

3= "Exciting, exciting exciting-  Where can I buy your second book please?

4="There were a couple of parts that I felt were unconnected . A minor fault really enjoyed the book as did my wife.

5= It's not the usual 'Lived Happily ever after' ending but it's a great forerunner for the next book. Well done.
BELOW IS ONE FROM THE U.S.A.

You state this book is totally fictitious.  :-\ I was born and bread in the New Lodge area. Some of your comments are dead on for life in the 30's then and I could relate to them :o . Naturally the murders are pure FICTION. Congratulations.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------
I wanted to send this to you personally but really I'm not technology friendly. I've forgotten how to do that, lost all my emails on learning.

Sorry,
Best regards
Sarah

fidelmahilton

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 08:33:00 AM »
thanks for your reply where can i buy your book and i dont have an e_reader so a paperback please  :)

Sarah beag

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 10:47:09 PM »
would the girl who works in St. Vincent de Paul at the bottom of Cliftonville  please wright re book I've forgotten your name, Sorry Sarah

Sarah beag

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 10:48:35 PM »
and of course I mean WRITE ( it's an age thing)  :(   Sarah