Author Topic: WERE YOU EVER BULLIED AT SCHOOL  (Read 1224 times)

arder lavery

WERE YOU EVER BULLIED AT SCHOOL
« on: December 08, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »
i for one never was.
but i remember some nasty kids in our school that took much pride in hurting and pestering other quiet kids, i know its a long time ago, but i remember some so called friends that did this on a daily basis to others.
i remember a number of times when i stepped in and stopped it happening.
even when we left school, one night in the maritime dance, an old classmate asked me to step in and help him. it was of course some of these so called trouble makers that i'd gone to school with.
these are not good memories but did happen.

so,
were you ever bullied
HAVE NO FEAR CAUSE ARDERS HERE

belle

Re: WERE YOU EVER BULLIED AT SCHOOL
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 12:54:35 PM »
i was. it was a dreadful time for me i hate school and i hated the bullies.
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like no one's watching,
Sing like no one can hear you.

johnnymac

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 11:31:48 PM »
I was never bullied at school because bullies knew that I would fight back. I have thumped a few of them in my time.

toadstool999

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 03:17:48 PM »
Yes, by a few of the teachers in that noble Hall of Learning, The Boys' Model.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

pajamo46

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 09:09:28 PM »
i for one never was.
but i remember some nasty kids in our school that took much pride in hurting and pestering other quiet kids, i know its a long time ago, but i remember some so called friends that did this on a daily basis to others.
i remember a number of times when i stepped in and stopped it happening.
even when we left school, one night in the maritime dance, an old classmate asked me to step in and help him. it was of course some of these so called trouble makers that i'd gone to school with.
these are not good memories but did happen.

so,
were you ever bullied
I was never bullied, but sad to say I once bullied a classmate when at Wheatfield school (about 10yrs old), and thankfully that kid eventually gave me a bloody nose as it taught me the do not bully lesson, after that I sort of became a mediator rather than a bully. .School bullys are the worse possible type of school trouble makers, causing endless problems for the bullied and thier families, I saw a lot of bullies operating at St Gabriels who caused a lot of fear in other kids..shame on them. Im so glad I got that bloody nose. :)

James James

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 02:16:53 AM »
Forum member Dargan aka Helen, has recently posted a series of fantastically well written essays about her time at Graymount girl's school, which contain several accounts of bullying by other pupils and by teachers.

"Anyone from the shore road area of Belfast ?"
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,39272.msg2139323.html#msg2139323

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,39272.msg2141285.html#msg2141285

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,39272.msg2145280.html#msg2145280

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,39272.msg2148332.html#msg2148332

Lost Login

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 03:47:02 PM »
Yes, by a few of the teachers in that noble Hall of Learning, The Boys' Model.

Yes, and within twenty-four hours of me starting in that "school", forty-five years ago. The teacher bully's name - Niall Haslett. See Boys' Model thread for details.

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,44238.30.html
Not available in Northern Ireland.

Bigali

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 06:06:06 PM »
I wasnít bullied at school but as Iíve mentioned on another thread a while back there was a gang of yahoos in my small hometown who fancied themselves as hard men and would have singled out grammar school kids like myself for a bit of harassment  if they caught you on your own . When I hit my mid to late teens I developed quite a muscular build and over a period of time I managed to get hold of each of these bullies in turn when they were on their own and needless to say they werenít quite so brave then , I distributed a few busted lips and bloody noses between them and never had any more trouble with them after that .

Into adulthood most of them amounted to nothing and became involved with paramilitaries, alcoholics, went to prison or all three.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

White dee

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 02:12:24 AM »

==
{**}
  + 
Justice for all the innocent/ unarmed People who were
Gunned down by the British Soldiers,
For no other reason then their religion,were murdered.

johnnymac

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2019, 04:33:34 PM »
I was in a fight on my very first day in St Thomas's back in September, 1962. The fella was older that me but held a grudge because I pelted him with snowballs in the previous winter. I got the better of him but I always came out on top against bullies. I remember an incident in the woodwork room when a class bully threw a wooden mallet at me. It only brushed the hair on the side of my head but I pretended to be knocked out. As I lay on the ground the bully and his mates were frantic that the teacher might come back into the room and rushed over to 'revive' me. I had a good laugh that day.

Alber55

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2019, 05:07:45 PM »

I wasn't bullied by any of the fellow pupils at school although nearly all the 1st years were 'head-flushed' in the w/c but that could only happen on Day 1. I suppose, in today's standards, I was by a couple of the teachers....but if I'd done homework...then at least one would have been unlikely. The other was 'fear of being late'....didn't matter whether the bus was hijacked or not!
I was however bullied by one..outside school..nasty B...it did stop when I held him in a headlock for over an hour 🤣

olelad

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 10:54:24 PM »
sad to say I was

Bigali

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 11:36:13 PM »
Now that I think about it , yes , I was bullied at school , not by contemporaries though but by teachers. I recall a couple of teachers who with the benefit of hindsight were not the brightest stars in the firmament who had an irrational hatred of pupils , myself included, who questioned their theories on some things which usually degenerated into getting slapped about because their lack of knowledge had been exposed. However, I reserve my deepest ire for a headmaster who in this era would be prosecuted for assault and cruelty , Iím not joking , this sadist took a very obvious delight in inflicting pain on children, Iím not suggesting sexual gratification for one minute (maybe it was ! ) but just the love of beating children and watching them suffer , sad bas  tard , I know he is now dead and I hope his death wasnít peaceful but haunted by the faces of all the kids he beat with a rolled up copy of the National Geographic.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .