Author Topic: Scotland Street, photograph search.  (Read 17772 times)

charles w

Scotland Street, photograph search.
« on: August 17, 2007, 11:14:24 PM »
Anyone have any photographs of Scotland Street.  A friend asked to see if I could get him any.

Christopher

Re: Scotland Street, photograph search.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 09:36:07 AM »
It's possible some members may have photographs of Scotland Street but not have a clue where the street
is / was located. Scotland Street was off Castle Street in the Smithfield area.

The following surnames were in Scotland Street in 1960 ... Close, Collins, Donnelly, Johnson, Johnstone, Kelly, McDade, McIlwee, Melaney, Milligan, Mills, Murray and Pike

charles w

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 07:37:13 PM »
It was situasted off Castle Street.

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 07:45:21 PM »

Scotland Street was off Castle Street in the Smithfield area.

It was situasted off Castle Street.

The sound quality on this thread's not the greatest. There appears to be an echo 8)

Well done Charles. Repitition of what a person says is an excellent way of memorising things 8)

charles w

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 09:11:47 PM »
If I am correct, Scotland was on the right side of Castle Street.  Smithfield was the other side.  Well spotted.  Your  'is / was located', to me, was slightly misleading.  Or, maybe I just like hearing echoes or do not have my priorties right.  ;D

Christopher

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 09:21:20 PM »
Charles,

So far we're going well. Now comes the difficult part ... how the heck are we going to track down a member of one of those families who lived there in the 1960s? Have you any ideas on the subject? Would there be Local Governments which would indicate where they might have been located?

Christopher

charles w

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 08:03:29 AM »
I have a workmate who lived in Scotland Street, he probably can update me on the people from Scotland Street.  He is the one looking for the photographs. I know people called Close, Donnelly, Kelly, McDade, Melaney and Milligan. I can ask around to see if any of them fit into the puzzle.
In my own situation, I have found relatives by phoning the people listed with the same surname, in the phone directory.  I have always found the people, who I have phoned, very helpful.

Wendl

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 11:33:17 AM »
I have a workmate who lived in Scotland Street, he probably can update me on the people from Scotland Street.  He is the one looking for the photographs. I know people called Close, Donnelly, Kelly, McDade, Melaney and Milligan. I can ask around to see if any of them fit into the puzzle.
In my own situation, I have found relatives by phoning the people listed with the same surname, in the phone directory.  I have always found the people, who I have phoned, very helpful.

Good Morning Charles.

I notice you say you know people in Belfast called Close would be interested in any info you could provide....my Close's are from Belfast....still have rellies there!!!

All the Best
Wendl
When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compete or compare.....everyone will respect you!
Lao-Tzu

charles w

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 05:16:02 PM »
Will reply by P.M.

charles w

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »
The details are in it.

Wendl

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 10:38:07 AM »
Hi Charles...

PM would be fab....nothing has come thru yet tho....

All the Best
Wendy
When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compete or compare.....everyone will respect you!
Lao-Tzu

Wendl

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 09:00:36 AM »
Hi Charles...

Not sure what's happened....no pm's have come thru....tried to pm you and it would'nt go thru....say's it's blocked?  So, not sure whats up...

Wendy
Lao-Tzu

charles w

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 06:39:49 PM »
I will check out the info and get it to you.

Wendl

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 11:58:42 PM »
Sincere thanks!!!  hard to get info when your don't have your feet planted in Belfast.  
Lao-Tzu

seosamh

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 09:13:27 PM »
if anyone has photo's of scotland st it will be seamus johnston the chimney sweep.He runs mc cracken gac.and lives up in gort na mona most of the people from scotland st moved to turf lodge. that's the best i can do to help good luck. slan