Author Topic: Flags of all Nations?  (Read 6645 times)

EllCee

Re: Flags of all Nations?
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2013, 09:55:20 PM »

There is a world of difference between the two causes. Civil rights was protesting against blatent discrimination in housing, jobs etc.

The other cause is.... flip I cant actually put my finger on it.

They see it as being blatant discrimination because of their political affiliation and religion.
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

billyh

« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2013, 10:48:28 PM »

There is a world of difference between the two causes. Civil rights was protesting against blatent discrimination in housing, jobs etc.

The other cause is.... flip I cant actually put my finger on it.
Of course you cant put your finger on it, as you only have a bias view. Do you class the provo's actions as.. ok   bloody friday, la mon, enniskillen, abercorn bar, and so so many more... that makes the flag protests very very tame, and you ask me do i care about west belfast people... no!. I care more about the innocent protestants and catholics murdered in those sort of "forgotten" events. Why the hell would i care about people from west belfast!!!! You moan about flag protests!!!! burning people,  both protestant and catholic from the la mon bomb were rushed to the ulster hospital wrapped in the hotel curtains and table cloths... there again they were guilty of attending a kennel club do....of course the flag protest must be worse   emmmm... NO
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.

Orior

« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2013, 10:48:45 PM »
They see it as being blatant discrimination because of their political affiliation and religion.

Yes, but what is the consequence?

Does that particular type of discrimination affect the money in their pocket or their health?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2013, 10:53:23 PM »
Of course you cant put your finger on it, as you only have a bias view. Do you class the provo's actions as.. ok   bloody friday, la mon, enniskillen, abercorn bar, and so so many more... that makes the flag protests very very tame, and you ask me do i care about west belfast people... no!. I care more about the innocent protestants and catholics murdered in those sort of "forgotten" events. Why the hell would i care about people from west belfast!!!! You moan about flag protests!!!! burning people,  both protestant and catholic from the la mon bomb were rushed to the ulster hospital wrapped in the hotel curtains and table cloths... there again they were guilty of attending a kennel club do....of course the flag protest must be worse   emmmm... NO

Hmmm, havent you heard? The war is over.

billyh

« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2013, 10:57:36 PM »
So you think  :) a long way to go. What are your views on the the events in my last post, just forget them , like going to confession ? Get real.

EllCee

« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2013, 11:04:34 PM »

Yes, but what is the consequence?

Does that particular type of discrimination affect the money in their pocket or their health?

No.  But they perceive something wrong is being done against them, and they are protesting.  They have seen protests, and worse, have worked very well for others, so they are doing the same.

That's what is happening.  The outcome is and current consequences are irrelevant   to them.

(Tho' I'm not ignoring the possibility of the man/woman on the street being used by others for their own ends)
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Orior

« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2013, 04:36:22 PM »
So you think  :) a long way to go. What are your views on the the events in my last post, just forget them , like going to confession ? Get real.

I condemn all past events. The war is over. NI is still British. But you are still not happy. Sorry, I cant help you.

billyh

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2013, 07:21:28 PM »

I condemn all past events. The war is over. NI is still British. But you are still not happy. Sorry, I cant help you.
The war is not over while police men, soldiers and prison staff have been murdered and many others targeted. I thought it was over, but its still ongoing and getting worse.

Chaddie

« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2013, 05:07:43 AM »
Flags are great things aren't they, stick one on a spot of land and, hey presto you own it. That is what Britain did all over the world. Not just Britain of course. Why don't we have only one flag that can be used by all nations. It must be a certain size and only clear plastic so, transparent.

billyh

« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2013, 08:38:20 AM »
Flags are great things aren't they, stick one on a spot of land and, hey presto you own it. That is what Britain did all over the world. Not just Britain of course. Why don't we have only one flag that can be used by all nations. It must be a certain size and only clear plastic so, transparent.
I would settle for that  O0

Dommo

« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2013, 06:30:32 PM »
Who? In all seriousness, I haven't got a clue who this is!
married to the count of Wessex.
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

henry irwin

« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2013, 06:46:01 PM »
 i dont have a flag is that O.K. O0

Dommo

« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM »
i dont have a flag is that O.K. O0
you can have from the list a defunct states
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra