Author Topic: Belfast Newsletter (1738 - 1925) - Births, Deaths and Marriages notices  (Read 22778 times)

helena61

Re: Belfast Newsletter (1738 - 1925) - Births, Deaths and Marriages notices
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2017, 03:07:52 PM »
Hi Beresford

I checked these records at www.ancestry.co.uk and there is no mention of them but the original post does state these records are not complete.  They are not buried in any of the Belfast City Council cemeteries  https://ssl.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/burialSearch.aspx

Your best option would be to go to the newspaper library in Library Street, Belfast and check all the Belfast newpapers yourself or get someone to do this for you and hope you can find a death notice which should state where the burial took place

Helena

helena61

« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2017, 03:23:20 PM »
please would there be any record of burial  for a Margaret Gibson died 11 Oct 1865 Gilford Banbridge as I can't find a burial site for her

Hi fred g,   No mention of Margaret Gibson

fred g

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2017, 06:49:02 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to check this

beresford

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2017, 07:02:32 PM »
thanks Helena

yes i guess the newspapers are my last hope -- but they will have to wait till next year sometime - when i'm hoping to spend a few days researching  in Belfast -- as i live in the UK

thanks all x

chevron

« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2017, 11:57:27 PM »
 hoping someone can help.trying to trace my g.grand father's father/mother/siblings.  g.g father robert mcclure born abt. 1850 stated at co antrim. married susan jane woods february 1875 belfast. roberts father john mcclure   farmer as per roberts marriage cert. is the only information i have.
i have all of robert's family who they married and their children also where they are all buried.as stated it is roberts mother and any siblings that i'm looking for. it would help if i could find a death notice for john mcclure.albert

jcgbritton

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2017, 12:08:15 AM »
Ive been trying to find burial records for Thomas Britton, Belfast in 1916. Also for a Bernard Britton in Belfast 1893. Have had no joy. Thanks John

wb54

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2017, 11:34:45 AM »
hi damker7,

could you please have a look for samuel parsons died first quarter 1920
                he lived in ravensdale st, east belfast at time of death.

I did find his son samuel, died the same year in india.

many thanks for your time.
                                                                william.

James James

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2017, 05:05:58 AM »
hi damker7,   could you please have a look for samuel parsons died first quarter 1920 he lived in ravensdale st, east belfast at time of death. I did find his son samuel, died the same year in india. many thanks for your time. william.
I believe that from various other posts of yours that you found that the family had a burial plot in Bangor New Cemetery ?, on the Newtownards Road in Belfast.

If so, you might be able to get some information about that here.
Some records are online, and they also offer a lookup service for associate members, and such membership costs £18.
http://www.nifhs.org/ 
http://www.nifhs.org/resources/graveyard-records/

IR 675-105Co. Down, Bangor New Cemetery, Newtownards Road

CMcG

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2017, 09:01:52 AM »

hi damker7,

could you please have a look for samuel parsons died first quarter 1920
                he lived in ravensdale st, east belfast at time of death.

I did find his son samuel, died the same year in india.

many thanks for your time.
                                                                william.

According to the following death registration, he died on 12 March 1920, I can see no death notice in the Belfast Newsletter in the days following that date.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1920/05132/4413515.pdf

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

wb54

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2017, 09:11:27 AM »
Hi james james,
                        thanks for your help, I think the grave plot is some where in the old abbey, bangor.
                        still not found it, yet.   thought if I could find her father’s grave, then might be the
                        same or a notice in the paper.

I have tried the new cemetery, but was looking for the name ballance.
                         will be over in a few weeks, fingers cross.

best regards,
                                                    william.

wb54

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2017, 09:16:49 AM »
Hi cmcg,
              many thanks, that’s great. having the date helps. will get on to the site.
              I have been searching the papers when home, only able for a few hours.

again thanks,
                                       William.

James James

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2017, 09:50:41 AM »
I think the grave plot is some where in the old abbey, bangor. still not found it, yet.   thought if I could find her father’s grave, then might be the same or a notice in the paper. I have tried the new cemetery, but was looking for the name ballance. will be over in a few weeks, fingers cross.
Not a problem. http://www.nifhs.org/resources/graveyard-records/
IR 575-020Co. Down, Bangor Abbey Graveyard, 1900-2010
IR 675-016Co. Down Vol 17 Gravestone Inscriptions, Balloo House Mausoleum, Ballygilbert Pres., Bangor Abbey, Bangor Church of Ireland, Bangor 1st Pres., Castle Park, Clandeboye House, Conlig Pres., Groomsport Church of Ireland Groomsport Pres.

normalynne

« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2017, 09:13:48 AM »
I have been searching for days now for a Thomas Johnston who was wounded in the Dardanelles, Turkey (Galipoli).  He was in the 1st Royal Munster Fusiliers and his mother had put something in the paper when he was injured in June 1915.  After that there is no trace of him, I have checked all records everywhere.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

normalynne

« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2017, 11:06:35 AM »
James James - This is wonderful, thank you so much - I have to decide whether he is 9003 in the Army Vet. Corps or maybe 6507.  Have to go out.  Will look in depth later and let you know.  Thanks again, I am sure he is one of these and I hadn't found them before.

Norma-Lynne

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy