Author Topic: Exile returning from us via england  (Read 2611 times)

hippy chicky 45

Exile returning from us via england
« on: August 24, 2007, 11:00:44 PM »
Hi folks
ive bin watching his wee forum off and on for a\while but never had a post or joined up before now.
Just bak to the uk from usa after many years away. Although i am now living in Derby I hail from a part of thee north as you say.
I had a very bad experience in the US with my son and had to move across the atlantic to avoid him being conscripted.
Its a long story but a sad one and im sorry if i mispell things its becoz im a bit tiddly as iv been drinking gin which gave me the couage to log on tonight.

I hope I can participate in your group without bing castigated s many have been before as i have followed.the people on here.
I may have lost the craic but im willing to get back into it tho i have ben scared my experience.

Hippy (still feel same inside tho)  x

twocoats

Re: Exile returning from us via england
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 11:02:56 PM »
Hi folks
ive bin watching his wee forum off and on for a\while but never had a post or joined up before now.
Just bak to the uk from usa after many years away. Although i am now living in Derby I hail from a part of thee north as you say.
I had a very bad experience in the US with my son and had to move across the atlantic to avoid him being conscripted.
Its a long story but a sad one and im sorry if i mispell things its becoz im a bit tiddly as iv been drinking gin which gave me the couage to log on tonight.

I hope I can participate in your group without bing castigated s many have been before as i have followed.the people on here.
I may have lost the craic but im willing to get back into it tho i have ben scared my experience.

Hippy (still feel same inside tho)  x

Welcome to the Forum. Go to the Twocoats Chatroom and say what you like. Coats
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

Jeannie

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 11:06:11 PM »
Welcome hippy chicky.  U should enjoy the craic.
Jeannie

giannineo

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 11:07:42 PM »
Aye welcome Hippychick,enjoy the craic and thee daft eejits here ;D

kat1

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 11:14:33 PM »
hippy,

welcome, you'll fit right in with the rest of us, no need for the false courage, were all tiddly without the drink ;D

kat

rattler101

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 11:58:53 PM »
 8) aye welcome hippy, mind ye theres wiser people in purdysburn than here ::)

brown hen

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 12:48:43 AM »
welcome here from you soon

hippy chicky 45

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 01:24:26 AM »
I am weeping from your posts. Maybe you will all understand me better when you see this link and see how my son could be dad today if we had stayed in the US mentality. Sorry if i ofend you but please do not llet your family come to US. i look foward to your coments on the following video which is a true example of why i left.
Please watch this and take care   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Uog_7WrLk

Christopher

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 01:43:23 AM »
Hiya hippy chicky 45, 

I've just been watching the video "Leave My Child Alone". Who the heck do the US Military imagine they are? They're not God's own people. Thank the Lord Britain stopped the Press Gang system in 1814.

Christopher

kat1

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 01:45:03 AM »
this is a very controversial subject.  My online response would be I watch the news of the usa and canada here and see the dead from the iraq and afghanistan war coming home, my response is always. .god help them they are just kids!!

as a mom of three sons, my opinion is if my kids are still living at home and are still financially dependant on their parents, then the decision should not be made until they discuss it with the family first.

The armed forces were in my sons college recruiting and some of his peers did join up, too quick a decision on the spot made by some, it is not a decision that should be made in haste or pushed upon someone, especially young students, it should only be made in the context of an informed decision.
FYI, I live in canada, not the us.

just my opinion, as a mom of three sons!! :)

kat

Mageeka

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 03:50:36 PM »
Hotchick
What do you mean by avoiding  conscription ?
There is NO conscription in the US    It also makes your post strange that you use that word   As you should be aware of the word here is DRAFT   which incidentally, has  not existence since the end of the Vietnam war  It is now an all Volunteer military
So pray elaborate on what you mean ?  How was your son going to be drafted ?

I watched the U Tube video and right away the credibility is shot, by the use of Cindy Sheehan !  Are you not aware that Cindy has been thrown out of the anti war movement when they found her hand in the cookie jar.
A very  non informed person mentioned the word Press gang in his post
Maybe you and him need to reflect upon the practices of your own country's recruitment 
 I E the British Army in the 60s and seventies

During that time a boy of 15 was allowed to sign into the British military for a minimum of six years  and six in the reserve, or as was more popular 9 years service with three on the reserve  Unknown to most, their time did not really start until they were 18
So in the meantime they were whisked away to camps all over the UK where there were often beaten and subjected to sexual and physical abuse
Some practices that I witnessed were the pressing of one of these children's pants while the boy was still in them  Etc Etc   I would be willing to P M you with the more sordid practices
Once these lads became 18 they were sent to war zones like Burma, Aden and N Ireland where some of them died
So perhaps you can tell me more of the US conscription/Draft

hippy chicky 45

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 06:23:48 PM »
ok, avoiding conscription was not the right term to use, as i said i was quite tiddly last night. But I am convinced and from talking to friends , young ones were being indoctrinted and i am not prepared to take a chance that my only child may be persuaded or convinced that that would be a good move for him. I consider it a form of early  brainwashing, a technique well known to be used by the military.
i cannnot se why you have mentioned the british army as it has absolutel no bearing on my post. I was simply being a mother looking out for her child as any other would do. you are entitled to your opinion however biased it may be as i am am equally entitled to mine on the same conditions.

I find your response to my post to e quite abrasive and mybe its just me bein defensiv but if that is the atitude of the majority here i will take my leave. i have looked at many posts here and i can see that mr mageeka is one who is fast to judge and has quite a tunnel vision outlook. Years of denial ?

teap

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 10:06:41 PM »
God bless you hippy chicky .

and welcome to the forum

Colette

Mageeka

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 10:09:03 PM »
Not abrasive at all Hippychick  I just say it like it is and cut through the B.S !
You brought up of the word conscription  So obviously you do not know what you are talking about.   You know I am actually deeply suspicious about the truth of your story
Secondly is your son so easy led  ? If so then I would keep him at home day and night  Just incase he gets led astray by his peers
If you came to  USA legally then in your application for  resident alien .  You signed that, in the time of a Real Draft that you and your family would accept that draft
 Yet now you leave the USA because recruiters visit the high Schools
STRANGE !!!!!

Recruiting at High schools has been going on in the USA for at least 50 years .  Some kids join and some do not.   Never heard though, of anyone leaving a country because recruiters were in schools
All your son has to do was say "I am not interested "End of story
I have two sons   One is in the military and one has no intention of going in  I don't see anyone twisting his arm  Then again he has a mind of his own    
!
 BTW, The reason I mentioned the British Army was to just enlighten you of the practice that took place in your own country in the sixties and seventies  Who knows maybe in the future Britain may reintroduce National Service
I would love to see what you would do if Britain announced tomorrow that they were going back to N.  S.
I guess your next stop could be Switzerland or elsewhere  Cuba is also nice at this time of year

Mageeka

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 10:14:49 PM »
 can see that mr mageeka is one who is fast to judge and has quite a tunnel vision outlook. Years of denial ?
Your Quote Hippy

No denial Chick and no quick judgement.  Instead just years and years of  experience which makes it rather easy to spot  an overly prptective mother, when i see one