Author Topic: Whereabouts in the world do you post from?  (Read 49871 times)

richard mccann

Whereabouts in the world do you post from?
« on: March 11, 2013, 03:31:22 AM »
I am from East  Belfast  I have been in Australia for  almost  52yrs, I still love reading the stories on the Forum. I worked in ET Greens on Donegall Quay for a few years and before I came to Oz I worked in Hughes @ Dicksons on the lower Falls Road. I was laying bricks for the last 44yrs before I retired. cheers /Rmc

Moorfield Street

Re: Whereabouts in the world do you post from?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:02:50 AM »
Richard.  I post from Wollongong NSW, have lived in the same house here for 46 years.   First came to Australia on a ship in 1953 then BHP chartered another ship, I was on in 1964, the "Iron Clipper" and made Port Kembla my Home Port.    Retired from BHP in 1993, still having a great retirement, with my wife, Hazel, of 60 years.    David.

Dommo

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 04:24:35 AM »
I am from East  Belfast  I have been in Australia for  almost  52yrs, I still love reading the stories on the Forum. I worked in ET Greens on Donegall Quay for a few years and before I came to Oz I worked in Hughes @ Dicksons on the lower Falls Road. I was laying bricks for the last 44yrs before I retired. cheers /Rmc
bottom left hand corner of the USA, San Diego city and county,bordering Mexico, 27 years.
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

Alaun

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 05:10:03 AM »
I come from Bangor. We moved to Sydney 40 years ago, with 5 children, from 10 months-7 years. needless to say they are all married, and I have 19 grandchildren. My husband died in 1990, he was only 51. The Forum is great to catch up with what's going on in different parts of the world.

Dommo

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 05:16:40 AM »
I come from Bangor. We moved to Sydney 40 years ago, with 5 children, from 10 months-7 years. needless to say they are all married, and I have 19 grandchildren. My husband died in 1990, he was only 51. The Forum is great to catch up with what's going on in different parts of the world.
sport to hear that. I assumed from yoyr screen name that you were a he. 19 grandkids s great. My kids have so far failed to deliver...

kate.o

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 06:33:02 AM »
Richard.  I post from Wollongong NSW, have lived in the same house here for 46 years.   First came to Australia on a ship in 1953 then BHP chartered another ship, I was on in 1964, the "Iron Clipper" and made Port Kembla my Home Port.    Retired from BHP in 1993, still having a great retirement, with my wife, Hazel, of 60 years.    David.
hi Moorfield  what was your job with BHP, my late hubby was engineer on them and as you know went round the world on them, he worked at H&W before that . I  post from QLD in OZ.

May Donnelly

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 12:11:09 PM »
Gosh thats amazing never realised so many familiar names dont live in Belfast! I post from a little villiage in West Yorkshire .

Kathleen2

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 12:27:55 PM »
Come from east Belfast ( Garnerville Road )  and posting from Ontario Canada.  We have been here for 36 years. Two sons and four granddaughters.  My father workd at ET Green's but I'm not sure if you would have known him. His name was James McGimpsey and he looked after the bolier.
" Tell them for their tomorrow, we gave our today"
A World War 1 soldier.

In memory of my grandfather, James McGimpsey. 9th Royal Scots.

jean79

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 12:42:51 PM »
from East Belfast 1952 I post from Adelaide married an Aussie 3 children 8 grands and 9 great grands including twin boys

Giannineo

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 12:42:59 PM »
posting from snow covered Carse of Gowrie ,Perthshire-had a job in the accounts office at E.T. GREENS FOR 6 WEEKS SUMMER OF 1970- awful lol- my mother knew Walter Smyth and he got me a summer job-originally from Ormeau Road.

johnmc

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 01:26:15 PM »
 :hi: Perth W Australia 1970. Originally Nth Belfast
             RMC   did you ever brick a camel ?
                        johnmc

Donovan

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 03:16:32 PM »
Lorain ,Ohio, Left Belfast 1960. Was in Toronto for just over 4years.

Astor

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 03:26:41 PM »
I moved from Belfast (Springfield Road) to London in 1967. I met and married a lovely Waterford man, but sadly he died in July 2000 from leukemia. I've three grown-up children, two daughters and a son and three little grandaughters.   I still have 2 brothers and 3 sisters in Belfast, and another sister in Dublin, and no matter where I roam. I will always call Belfast home :)   
Que Sera Sera

hilda kelly

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 04:37:05 PM »
i come from donore st on the new lodge rd i left with my family in 1964 and we moved to london i now live in stevenage with my husband of 47 yrs and we have a daughter and 3 grandsons and are expecting our first great grand child in july but belfast is still home to me

Dommo

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 05:37:46 PM »
i come from donore st on the new lodge rd i left with my family in 1964 and we moved to london i now live in stevenage with my husband of 47 yrs and we have a daughter and 3 grandsons and are expecting our first great grand child in july but belfast is still home to me
a Grreat Grandchild! Amazing! Congrats.