Author Topic: Whereabouts in the world do you post from?  (Read 50397 times)

Lewis Monty

Re: Whereabouts in the world do you post from?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2013, 06:17:46 PM »
Posting from Bahrain but only for another 2 weeks and then home to Belfast (well Newtownabbey technically - but since when was Belfast zoo not in Belfast ?). Not that we are actually moving to the zoo but Bellevue Park is facing the zoo and for some reason has bee redesignated out of the city !  8)
Monty
Monty
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

Moorfield Street

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 08:50:29 PM »
hi Moorfield  what was your job with BHP, my late hubby was engineer on them and as you know went round the world on them, he worked at H&W before that . I  post from QLD in OZ.

kate.o  I was Chief Engineer from 1964 until 1993 om the Clipper, Cavalier Endeavour, Somersby, Stuart,Capricorn and finally Iron Shortland.      I was an apprentice at H&W from 1948 until 1952.   My name is Dave Campbell.    Sorry to hear of your husband, Crossing the Bar.

tommytwotoes

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 09:07:44 PM »
left mt vernon (shore rd) 73 liverpool for short spell post out of little town called bognor regis south coast  :)
i never drop players ,i only make changes (shanks) justice for the 96

tatybread

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 11:06:34 PM »
Posting from Northern California, First 20 years San Francisco/Bay Area last 29 years from Sacramento. Left the Ormeau Road in 1964.

jimmymack

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 11:30:27 PM »
Posting from Brampton Ontario, been here 41 years. Originally from Half Bap/Little Italy area of Belfast. I used to deliver the Tele to the workers at E.T. Greens

sandymc

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 11:33:41 PM »
posting from perth west australia , my husband died two years ago but we were 48 years married , we came from whitewell road to melbourne with two chrildren and had another in melbourne and now five grandchrildren and now last year a great grandson

sandymc

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 11:40:04 PM »
hi jimmymack  spent some time in brampton when visiting brother -in -law in caledon east john mcdonald BIG IF but do you know him he took us to a club at halloween and there were loads of belfast people there

jimmymack

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 11:48:28 PM »
Sandy, I don't know him and you likely went to the Irish Centre in Brampton.

kate.o

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 12:13:57 AM »

kate.o  I was Chief Engineer from 1964 until 1993 om the Clipper, Cavalier Endeavour, Somersby, Stuart,Capricorn and finally Iron Shortland.      I was an apprentice at H&W from 1948 until 1952.   My name is Dave Campbell.    Sorry to hear of your husband, Crossing the Bar.
hi Moorfield thank you for reply. I remember the name of one ship  the Brittish Adventure oil tanker. it was drydock in  Fallmouth and wives and could go and stay on board till the ship set sail, we had a great time, it was around 1963 to 1967 that my hubby was on them, sadly he died young at the age of 30, we have six children and 13 grandchildren, 5 great grandchildren, I know he is looking out for us all.

bridge ender

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2013, 01:27:14 AM »
Hi All 

left Bridge end east belfast  in 1961   went all the way to Turf Lodge   up the mountains in West Belfast am now posting from Glen Rd 

BE
Life is lived forwards and understood backwards.

johnmc

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2013, 02:00:13 AM »
 :hi: Hello Moorfield St   I was working on Koolan Island about 1973/75 when I,m pretty sure the Iron Somersby made its maiden trip to load ore
                          johnmc
   ps wasn,t that ship built in H&W?

cyprus girl

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 02:02:57 AM »
Hi All 

left Bridge end east belfast  in 1961   went all the way to Turf Lodge   up the mountains in West Belfast am now posting from Glen Rd 

BE
BE that was a big move :D  my brother lives up the Glen rd., i'm posting from BC Canada been here 44yrs :)
Queenio, queenio who's got the ball-eo

bridge ender

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 02:15:30 AM »
Hi cyprus girl

I take it you are from cyprus st  lwr falls .that move was difficult to make  . we lived in Bridge end which was a stroll into town   then to go to The Ponderosa which was turfs nickname then.  Do you ever get  "HOME" much to see the old place
                                         BE
Life is lived forwards and understood backwards.

mcd

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 02:42:40 AM »
Posting from Kawartha Lakes Ont Canada, lived in Brampton  moved up here about 7 years ago.    From Bloomfield East Belfast 
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

richard mccann

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 03:18:57 AM »
Moorfield Street- When I first came to Australia I landed in Sydney lived in the suburb of Summer Hill in a boarding house run by an Irishman from Sligo. All the guys that lived there were from the south of Ireland we all worked for a piledriving outfit called Frankipile . After two years of knocking around Sydney I moved to South Oz where I met my wife of 48yrs who had 3 children  who in turn have produced 9 grandkids. I lived beside the shipyard I remember seeing the Canberra up in the slips before I left home. and I remember her docking at Circular Quay when she made her maiden voyage.My dad was a rivetter in the shipyards he also worked on the Sydney Harbour Bridge 1925/34/Rmc