Author Topic: Doherty Family, Belfast  (Read 3805 times)

simonpdoherty

Re: Doherty Family, Belfast
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 12:25:21 AM »
Hi Simonpdoherty,

the details that you have posted are identical to mine.
My fathers name was William John Doherty
His Father was Henry Doherty (b22/2/1898)
His Father was Edward Dogherty(b1872) who married Selina McEvoy (b1874) on 24/12/1895 and had 7 children[/size]
His Father was John Dogherty

My father spent some time before he died working on his family tree. I have got his paperwork and am working my way through it

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,
Am I glad to find you!

We’ve all become close since my original post and it’s great to have Harry and Billy’s line onboard.

Please drop me a line by email at simonpdoherty at yahoo dot com (please remember the initial p)

Jane McAvoy

Re: Doherty Family, Belfast
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 11:55:58 AM »
Hi Paul I am glad you are now in touch with Simon. How very exciting you have found us. I am the grand daughter of Joseph Doherty (the oldest of the 7 siblings). My father Michael was kind of an only child, his older brother Peter died before Dad was born. Dad moved to Australia which is where I grew up and still live. I was always aware that Grandpop Joe had brothers but my Dad spoke as though no one knew where they all were and I wrongly assumed there was some kind of estrangement.  I came across the Belfast forum just over a year ago and was then in touch with long lost family. My sister Di and I travelled to the UK and Belfast last April with 85yo  Dad to meet as many as we could. Just fabulous. Please get in touch via email or facebook. On facebook I am Jane McAvoy with my face surrounded with greenery. Otherwise laranaturalhealth at gmail dot com. This site doesn't allow emails address formats which is why I have written it like that. Cheers Jane