Author Topic: Sammy Houston's Jazz Club  (Read 17224 times)

desi

Re: Sammy Houston's Jazz Club
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2017, 08:04:14 AM »
Was in it a few times ,I remember David Dunseth outside it with the police .They say he was with the drug squad .
Then he moved on to work for the BBC .
JUSTICE FOR THE BALLYMURPHY 11.

colin randell

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2017, 01:32:40 AM »
Was in it a few times ,I remember David Dunseth outside it with the police .They say he was with the drug squad .
Then he moved on to work for the BBC .
David Dunseth was on the force he could have been looking the small person on the walking stick never missed it couldn't dance because of his stick WRONG he was one of the drug dealers 4 of them sold the drugs in the Jazz club that I knew of The walking stick was a sword nobody approached him everybody knew about the sword He was in an accident he did need the stick had a aunt who owned a pub roundabout Sandy row way Jim or Jimmy was his name I think he was Scottish his mates came from here

EnglishMike

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2017, 02:14:57 PM »
Used to go to the jazzer in the 60 s and worked in dukes royal ave. remember Fred, Alec,billy coyle, Hugo, Bertie, will probably remember more, too many sessions in the Adelphi, good memories.

misssmyth1

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2017, 05:12:57 PM »
I was 'green' never saw the drugs or the dealers!!  I was only 16 when stared going there left Belfast at 19. but went mainly to the Maritime. but enjoyed Sammys when I did go.

Bigali

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2017, 06:33:06 PM »
David Dunseath was a Detective Sergeant in the Drugs Squad before joining the BBC
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

bluecheer

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2018, 08:15:13 PM »
Bertie Toogood still alive and living in Bangor last I heard. Went out with my sister Dee for a while. They used to be called Sonny and Cher.

Gerig

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2018, 12:04:32 AM »
Hi I went to the jazz club from 1969 what memories I have da the DJ   playing the music I used to go twice a week sometims more Sam mahood was a favourite spent my youth there and in the maritime seeing Rory Gallagher they were the days

misssmyth1

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2018, 01:46:19 PM »
yes Gerig happy memories sadly Sam Mahood passed away but we used to support him and the big soul band .. great music at Sammys..

elcid1962

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2020, 08:31:51 PM »
I am sammy Houstonís niece and worked in the cloakroom and my mother his sister worked on the cash desk ,I would love to know how Lynsey is related to us