Author Topic: Book "CRYING FOR JOY’ by Sarah Barrett  (Read 1730 times)

Sarah beag

Book "CRYING FOR JOY’ by Sarah Barrett
« on: March 25, 2013, 11:55:10 AM »
                                                                    SYNOPSIS
 A fast paced mystery set in North Belfast in the New Lodge Road area in the thirties, this story centres on Meg Duffy who disappeared at age five.
 Her brother John eventually finds and brings her home. He promises her that one day he will have her crying for joy.

But things go very wrong as Meg drifts from one crisis to another, including blackmail, domestic violence and murder. The bombing of Belfast in 1941 is a turning point for Meg.

Cost of the book is £4.99 (Cost on the bigger sites £9.00)
 Deliveries to the greater New Lodge area of Belfast is free and all copies will be signed by the author. Postage costs for the rest of Northern Ireland is £!.75.
 Please Telephone Sadie Loughran 90879952 for enquiries.
 Thank you.

Sarah beag

Re: Book "CRYING FOR JOY’ by Sarah Barrett
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 12:07:53 PM »
I forgot to say that feedback would be appreciated. Thank you

gloria1234

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 02:57:50 PM »
Good Afternoon

I would like to order a copy would you be able to post it to Nottingham please.

Kind regards
Sandra

Sarah beag

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 05:16:23 PM »
I have sent details to you as a personal message.

Unfortunately there seems to be a 'hitch' somewhere as I haven't received notice that my message went.

Contact me if you didn't get a message from me please.

Thank you Sarah

Sarah beag

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 06:50:30 PM »
Book posted this morning. I know you will enjoy it but please leave feedback. Thank you Sarah

gloria1234

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 09:34:34 AM »
Good Morning

I have just finished reading this book it was a great story and a must read for

anyone who enjoys a good book.

waverleyfive

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 11:31:56 PM »
Crying For Joy By Sarah Barrett
Sarah has captured step by step the true essence of what life has meant for Maggie Duffy, her negative life experiences, and the outcome has left Maggie crying in her heart.
Frustration, abandonment, and betrayal are some of the words that ring out.  Sarah has allowed her readers to look inside the life of a child abandoned,as a young mother abandoned and a family divided.
The hurt one can only imagine as one goes from page to page looking for that turn in the road, instead all one finds is that turbulence
that throws Maggie from one crisis to another, yet she is not yielding and shows true grit, though at times she has questioned the presence of God, and why His Almighty hand did not strike down those like the Mistress of the orphanage.
This book carries mystique,while describing such turpitude that one would wish never to be involved with.  There are so many characters each with their own agenda, and as the book nears the end one can only heap lashings of appreciation on Sarah for bringing fiction into something that rings a bell with real life victims today-this is not yesterday`s story as much as tomorrow`s news.  this book has been written with dignity, clarity and generosity of spirit...Rose 

Sarah beag

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 03:34:34 PM »
Hello Rose, thanks for the feedback. I am led to believe that you are a writer yourself.
 If that is correct, please list title of your book or books if my informant is correct as  I'm interested  :(

THANK YOU
SARAH

waverleyfive

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 08:02:49 PM »
Hello Rose, thanks for the feedback. I am led to believe that you are a writer yourself.
 If that is correct, please list title of your book or books if my informant is correct as  I'm interested  :(

THANK YOU
SARAH
.Thanks Sara.....These are a few of my recent publications...Titanic - Voices In The Dark...Confessions of Father John Energy, demand and New Findings Thanks again- my pen name is Doctor Rosaleen O`Brien

waverleyfive

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 11:34:50 AM »
.Thanks Sara.....These are a few of my recent publications...Titanic - Voices In The Dark...Confessions of Father John Energy, demand and New Findings Thanks again- my pen name is Doctor Rosaleen O`Brien
SYNOPSIS  OF  TITANIC - VOICES  IN  THE  DARK...
This book has been written as a dedication to all who survived the sinking of the Titanic and to all relatives and friends of those who lost their lives when she sank.  Rosaleen has written in such a cohesive manner that it feel as if one is a passenger on the Titanic on that night when the world stood still and so many lives were lost.  Reading one finds that stories of dedicated couples are almost beyond belief, not only had they promised to stay united in life but they made a decision to die together, this was the ultimate sacrifice - true love knows no bounds.  Rosaleen is not new to writing in verse, an invitation to visit the White House some time ago was the result of her entering a poetry competition, other awards are too numerous to mention.  This Best Selling author has traveled  the world and sometimes faced situations that could have meant certain death so she understands what it meant when the Captain on the Titanic shouted` Now everyman save himself`

Sarah beag

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 04:32:13 PM »
THIS BOOK HAS BEEN REPRINTED AS "CRYING FOR JOY BOOK ONE"

Obtainable from Amazon as hardback, softback or Kindle.

Sarah can supply it suitable for IPhone or any other tablet £4.oo  Kindle is not sold by me.
[email protected] Telephone 90879952

Sarah beag

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2013, 10:27:48 PM »
 Psychological Thriller in New Fiction [/font]
“Crying for Joy ” is about a missing child and how her return triggers off a stream of tragedies. [/font]

[/font]
Excerpts from “Crying for Joy Book One.”--His body was found in a run-down house used by vagrants. It wasn’t the bottle in his hand that interested the police. It was the bullet in his head. The news of the murder sent shock-waves through the community. Some people prayed it wasn’t a return to the bad old days. Those who had known him said it was a terrible thing to happen but behind closed doors they said — the [censored] was never liked by anybody anyway.”[/font]
“The house on the Antrim Road had been a fashionable one in Victorian times. The steps that led down from the street to the basement were enclosed with iron railings. The gate at the top of the steps was locked. At the bottom, blocking the door to the basement, the body of a woman lay in the shameless sprawl of death.”[/font][/font]
Skillfully written, highly imaginative, extremely interesting, “Crying for Joy” offers a clever idea, with gripping narrative that is easy to get into and laced with satire. This book is very well written and offers a plot that is extremely complicated with lots of exciting twists and unpredictable turns. For more Feedback on the sale of this book, contact Sarah 90879952
[/font]