Author Topic: 17th company BB in Suffolk  (Read 4176 times)

bq-125rex

Re: 17th company BB in Suffolk
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 10:32:54 AM »
where are you living victor eddie and eva have just returned to australia  after a month in northern ireland they live in perth
Bq125rex

[email protected]

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 12:59:16 PM »
Lucky them I am in Newtownards and we love it here I travel up to shorts every day I've  worked there for the past 30  years its hard to beat this we country I don't think I could move to far.

bq-125rex

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 07:55:06 AM »
not far from us we live in portavogie at the beach or as i say on the edge of the world
Bq125rex

[email protected]

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 03:32:48 PM »
Gods country at least you will get a bit of peace and quiet like our selves how times change it seems like yesterday I was doing my paper round for Gibsons shop but that's life

softmint69

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2016, 07:37:31 PM »
Victor dessie quinn's brother was called Maurice we were the other Quinn family David Sally Roy anne Brian Raymond Geoffrey colin Edward. My dad worked for pat mcgreevy at fort field and later in colin glen . I remember the river running red with pig blood we lived in or anymore drive and the rats were like weasels. All that area was knocked down when the Protestant families were intimidated out we had a happy upbringing, not a lot of money but good friends soap and water and my mum was a great cook

softmint69

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2016, 07:41:14 PM »
Hi I remember pig factory too.My father use to work there.He told me that one day he saw a man getting his arm eaten off by a sow.Gruesome.I also went to Larkfield.My name use to be Maria Mccauley i use to live at Leestone Terrace up beside Kells Avenue.Also went to the church of Ireland too.

[email protected]

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 09:06:01 PM »
Hi I remember pig factory too.My father use to work there.He told me that one day he saw a man getting his arm eaten off by a sow.Gruesome.I also went to Larkfield.My name use to be Maria Mccauley i use to live at Leestone Terrace up beside Kells Avenue.Also went to the church of Ireland too.
Maria had you a brother  What year did you go to Larkfield and as for the pig factory we where taken from school to look round the place l always remember the smell and the blood they used to release into the river and turned the  river red the last thing  I remember was the night it was blown up we lived in Horn Drive and it was some bang

Nick Keene

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2016, 11:54:58 PM »
Some familiar stories here lol, I too was 114th in the Pres church and Robins before that lol, very many happy memories. Lived in Horn Walk from 1964, then Lenadoon for a short time before having to get out around 71, things getting very hot and parents spending too many nights sleeping on the floor for safety sake. Remember playing football at the Blacks Rd pitches, the river washing, great place for frogspawn too. Great community, great people, great friends, troubles spoilt it all. Funny spent yesterday in company of another Horn Drive friend Frankie Lee, we share a common interest, talked about Suffolk yesterday, pig factory, Colin Glen river, Daily Mail etc etc. Sadly have to say many at the time emigrated and we lost friends, hopefully to better shores and good lives.

bq-125rex

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2018, 07:08:21 AM »
Hi Maria mcauley how are you
Bq125rex

James James

Billy Fish

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2019, 10:05:32 PM »
Some familiar stories here lol, I too was 114th in the Pres church and Robins before that lol, very many happy memories. Lived in Horn Walk from 1964, then Lenadoon for a short time before having to get out around 71, things getting very hot and parents spending too many nights sleeping on the floor for safety sake. Remember playing football at the Blacks Rd pitches, the river washing, great place for frogspawn too. Great community, great people, great friends, troubles spoilt it all. Funny spent yesterday in company of another Horn Drive friend Frankie Lee, we share a common interest, talked about Suffolk yesterday, pig factory, Colin Glen river, Daily Mail etc etc. Sadly have to say many at the time emigrated and we lost friends, hopefully to better shores and good lives.

Yes indeed, I too had many relations who were forced out at gunpoint by those who ' pursued peace'.  ::) The true story of this 'genocide' had never been revealed, wonder why ?  ::)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

misssmyth1

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2020, 02:27:18 PM »
Hello all i lived in Kells Avenue first house we  lived in  Lenadoon  at first for 6 months . I was 13 when we moved to   suffolk I previously lived off the Grosvenor Road   sally Quinn was my pal same class in school  ..i went to Kelvin previously and it was def a better school with more decent teachers and higher standards sorry dont mean to offend anyone but it was . Dorothy Wright Kate Fisher and i lived in London together for a couple of years  they were from Tildarg. i came first for a couple of months found accommodation etc  there wasn't much to so in Suffolk a youth club on a Friday night . and the last bus was 10.55pm even on a weekend but nice houses and my mum was delighted to move there from a wee  terrace house with an outside toilet she sat in the accommodation office in Kells Ave  almost every day for  nearly 6 months and pestered them she was a determined woman and i admired her  they eventually gave in and we got a lovely house  but she didn' t like lenadoon and did a swap ...poor people in the 70s were 'put out' thank goodness we moved and mum and Dad lived happily in kells Ave until they passed away. good neighbours  as well .