Author Topic: SEARCHING FOR BEGLEY RELATIONS  (Read 1034 times)

Lillikins

SEARCHING FOR BEGLEY RELATIONS
« on: April 21, 2013, 08:12:28 PM »
I have been trying to build another  part of our family tree   - BEGLEYS - I don't have much to go on.
Have some of  my grandparents and g/grandparents details -  some of which I got from their headstone in Milltown Cemetery but there is still a lot I am unable to check out. I know that some of the relations lived across Belfast - Ardoyne and Carrick Hill?
So if there is any Begley relatives out there and would like to compare notes on the family tree then let me know please. I live on the Falls Rd. Thanks
Lil O0

Re: SEARCHING FOR BEGLEY RELATIONS
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 10:45:44 PM »
Hi Lil, unlikely I know, but have you tried the wills and other cemeteries?  In trying to open up this search which era are we looking at?

Lillikins

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 10:40:22 PM »
Hello 17124,
Thanks for your reply to my search. Well I haven't got around to searching Wills yet but have checked a couple of cemetaries. As a matter of fact I got quite a bit of info about  the family from one headstone alone in Milltown. My grandfather Charles  died young at the age of 38 in 1922.  My grandmother Mary Ellen died at a young age too - 36 years old and left a family of young children in 1923. Her family were from Legoneil. There are quite a few bits of info I have gathered up but there is also quite a lot  I would still like to know. I would really need to find out dates and stuff  from other family members who are still living regarding where other family might be buried etc. Whether or not any family members even remember dates and stuff - well I will have to wait and see. But thanks again for your reply.
Lil   O0

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 10:45:23 PM »
Lil, sent you a PM

Lillikins

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 10:57:42 PM »
Thanks - just sent you one back. :)

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 10:19:03 PM »
Lil, sent you another PM

belfastnlr

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 10:39:33 AM »
I have been trying to build another  part of our family tree   - BEGLEYS - I don't have much to go on.
Have some of  my grandparents and g/grandparents details -  some of which I got from their headstone in Milltown Cemetery but there is still a lot I am unable to check out. I know that some of the relations lived across Belfast - Ardoyne and Carrick Hill?
So if there is any Begley relatives out there and would like to compare notes on the family tree then let me know please. I live on the Falls Rd. Thanks
Lil O0

belfastnlr

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 10:47:09 AM »
Hello my mother was a Begley from Carrick Hill  :)

Lillikins

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 09:08:49 PM »
Hello belfastnir - that sounds interesting as I know that some of our Begley relatives lived over Carrick Hill.
Will send you a pm here. Talk with you shortly. ;)

Mcardlefamily

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »
Hi, my great grandmother was Mary ann begley married to william elliott, their children were born in gibson street, can you help at all?

Lillikins

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 09:02:58 PM »
Hello Mcardle - cant say I have heard of a Mary Ann Begley or her husband in our family tree as yet. But I do know that there were Begleys lived in or around Leeson St in early 1900s. There is still a relative or two living in the street presently.

Pjh

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 07:47:54 AM »
Morning all,
I was just wondering if anybody got any further with this?
My grandmother (Mary Elizabeth Begley b.1935) always told me that her Grandfather (Charles Begley) died in quite unpleasant circumstances, I cannot find any evidence for this, unsurprisingly!
My understanding is that Charles Begley marries Mary Ellen Murphy in 1905 and that they live at 55 Mary Street in 1911.
Any help is greatly appreciated, particularly if anybody knows who Charles Begley's parents are as I cannot find that out anywhere.
Many thanks,

sam barry

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2020, 12:37:47 PM »
Just a couple of bits of information, if it helps:
Their marriage:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1905/10150/5693199.pdf

1911 Census:
Residents of a house 55 in Mary Street (Smithfield, Antrim)
Show all information
Surname   Forename   Age   Sex   Relation to head   Religion
Bagley   Charles   26   Male   Head of Family   Roman Catholic
Bagley   Ellen   24   Female   Wife   Roman Catholic
Bagley   Maria   5   Female   Daughter   Roman Catholic
Bagley   Charles   3   Male   Son   Roman Catholic
Murphy   Frances   19   Male   Lodger   Roman Catholic
Brinn    William   71   Male   Lodger   Roman Catholic

Note the spelling of the Surname.

Is this the parents in 1911 ?
Residents of a house 52 in Mary Street (Smithfield, Antrim)
Show all information
Surname   Forename   Age   Sex   Relation to head   Religion
Bagley   Charles   56   Male   Head of Family   Roman Catholic
Bagley   Maria    56   Female   Wife   Roman Catholic
Bagley   Annie   30   Female   Daughter   Roman Catholic

Pjh

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2020, 01:27:08 PM »
That is really useful Sam, thank you! All because of one character being different in the transcript means I missed this!

Hopefully there is a Begley or two on here who can help fill in some of the backstory about younger Charles.

Thanks again

sam barry