Author Topic: Looking For Fr Marcellus  (Read 2590 times)

Acorn

Looking For Fr Marcellus
« on: April 26, 2013, 04:41:20 AM »
Hi All,

I was just wanting to ask if anybody knew of a way to contact or is in fact still in contact with  Fr Marcellus from the Ardoyne area.

My mother in law has been looking for him so she could catch up.

Her name was Kathleen Furey and she was in Nazareth House on the Ormeau Road

I know he has now left the priesthood and have seen him referred to as both Tony Gillespie & Tony Dalzell

Any help would be great

Many thanks  :)

smith19

Re: Looking For Fr Marcellus
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 11:14:22 PM »
You are not receiving much response, so rather than searching with your own thread, try going to St.Malachy's College and posting your enquiry there I think I recall some discussion about him. I knew Tony as we shared same years but I do not know of him after. Good luck, he was a fine person.

pajamo46

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 09:45:15 AM »
Hope you manage to get in contact with Fr Marcellus,He was just like family to us, my mum just loved him, he was also very close to my brother Sean, and helped so many young ones in Ardoyne. As a priest he was outstanding, a humble person,and always ready to stand firm for the residents of Ardoyne during the most difficult times.

St.Anthony

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 12:05:30 PM »
Hi All,

I was just wanting to ask if anybody knew of a way to contact or is in fact still in contact with  Fr Marcellus from the Ardoyne area.

I know he has now left the priesthood and have seen him referred to as both Tony Gillespie & Tony Dalzell

Any help would be great

I copied this from Anyone from Ardoyne thread

Re: IS ANYBODY FROM ARDOYNE ONLINE, HELLOOOO  Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 06:09:23 PM      Quote from: Kateme on April 04, 2011, 04:09:00 PM <blockquote>I remember a priest in those times called Father Ailbe and a young priest with white hair = I think his name was Father Marcellus (he was albino I think - used to wear a beret). K
</blockquote> 
Kateme

Fr Ailbe passed away in Dublin about 18 months ago.
I met Fr Marcellus (Tony Gillespie) at his brother Lawrence's funeral in Craigavon last year.
The years have been kind to him, he is easily recognisable. He lives in London now, has a grown up family and is enjoying a well earned retirement.

barney bhouy

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »

I copied this from Anyone from Ardoyne thread

Re: IS ANYBODY FROM ARDOYNE ONLINE, HELLOOOO  Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 06:09:23 PM      Quote from: Kateme on April 04, 2011, 04:09:00 PM <blockquote>I remember a priest in those times called Father Ailbe and a young priest with white hair = I think his name was Father Marcellus (he was albino I think - used to wear a beret). K
</blockquote> 
Kateme

Fr Ailbe passed away in Dublin about 18 months ago.
I met Fr Marcellus (Tony Gillespie) at his brother Lawrence's funeral in Craigavon last year.
The years have been kind to him, he is easily recognisable. He lives in London now, has a grown up family and is enjoying a well earned retirement.

very sorry to hear about fr albie rip he married me and my wife 34yrs ago a great priest and man

breenbox

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 05:06:10 PM »
Hi All,

Any help would be great

Acorn

If you PM me your mother in law's contact details, I will arrange to pass them on to Tony.
You'll never plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 11:55:56 AM »
Hi,

You sent me a reply to a post re Fr Marcellus back in may 2013.

My mother in law was looking to contact him as she knew him many years ago.

You said that you would be able to forward on her contact details to him.

Would this still be possible? I am very sorry for the late reply. After not getting many answers I had given up and not logged back into the site until now lol

If it is still possible please let me know and I will send you her contact details

Many thanks

Acorn

McNamee

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 06:06:25 PM »
I have sent you a pm.

McNamee

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 07:45:06 PM »
I wonder if Acorn mother-in-law is still looking for Fr Marcellus....No word from her....

BandD

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »
I've come across this discussion in my search for Father Gillespie. He officiated at my wedding 45 years ago and I would like to be able to contact him. If my information can be sent to him it would be appreciated...or any other help anyone can provide.

rebeccad

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 01:02:48 PM »

Acorn

If you PM me your mother in law's contact details, I will arrange to pass them on to Tony.

Hello,
Just wondered if it would be possible to speak to you about Fr Marcellus @breenbox?