Author Topic: Father Wallace Dead  (Read 9434 times)

GandT

Re: Father Wallace Dead
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2013, 12:16:20 AM »
To be honest it is beyond the time for reasons for Father Matt's passing. The point is that for the sake of his family it would be more relevant for this thread to be one of condolence for his very sad passing. Matt Wallace was a giant in the fabric of West Belfast be that a very modest and unassuming giant. As someone who has been very closely effected by the same circumstance of Matt's passing, it has to be said that there are no set or clear reasons for it. It is also the case that there are no clear answers for it either. It is as devastating as it is tragic for all.
A dignified, compassionate, thoughtful and reasoned response that says it all.

rathlin

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 07:09:03 AM »
To be honest it is beyond the time for reasons for Father Matt's passing. The point is that for the sake of his family it would be more relevant for this thread to be one of condolence for his very sad passing. Matt Wallace was a giant in the fabric of West Belfast be that a very modest and unassuming giant. As someone who has been very closely effected by the same circumstance of Matt's passing, it has to be said that there are no set or clear reasons for it. It is also the case that there are no clear answers for it either. It is as devastating as it is tragic for all.

R.I.P. Father Matt and thank you for all you did for the people that had the good fortune to have met and known you.

Well said.  ;)

Remembering the forgotten innocents of all wars.

kevthered123

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2013, 01:45:59 PM »
A true gent Fr. Walace was, an inspiration to us all, great leader, community worker, peace builder. A nicer man you could not have met. He will be sadly missed .

Not many people know that Fr Matt & an Irish American teacher Vincent Lavery  sent over 1,000 catholics and protestants to U.S.A during the troubles in the 80s with the Childrens Committee 10 project, to escape for the summer from the troubles in Belfast and opened our eyes to a new world. The movie Children in the crossfire movie was made about the project. Geraldine Hughes from Grosvenor Road starred in the movie .

R.I.P Fr Matt.   

chi

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2013, 01:55:14 PM »
A true gent Fr. Walace was, an inspiration to us all, great leader, community worker, peace builder. A nicer man you could not have met. He will be sadly missed .

Not many people know that Fr Matt & an Irish American teacher Vincent Lavery  sent over 1,000 catholics and protestants to U.S.A during the troubles in the 80s with the Childrens Committee 10 project, to escape for the summer from the troubles in Belfast and opened our eyes to a new world. The movie Children in the crossfire movie was made about the project. Geraldine Hughes from Grosvenor Road starred in the movie .

R.I.P Fr Matt.   

I remember those kids.
Thanks for the reminder
that FR Matt was involved
in caring for the children. :) :-*
“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”

Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness  for weakness.

zippy

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 06:48:34 PM »

This poor man has witnessed this 'epidemic' that sweeps throughout West Belfast and beyond and conforted and consoled lots of families.
It seems that support for Father Wallace may have been lack-lustre.
God bless him
Pro deum et patria

rathlin

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 07:25:34 PM »
These are the people that we should be thinking of on this topic - not making unsubstantiated comments.

Remembering the forgotten innocents of all wars.

sydenhambetty

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2013, 08:32:12 PM »
Rest in Peace Father Wallace knowing you used your life well. :(
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

billyh

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2013, 09:45:26 PM »
Ive heard a lot about this person, through a friend of the wife....great man  R I P.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.

Zan de Man

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2013, 12:42:29 PM »
Bravo.

manu4life

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2013, 01:27:50 AM »
Nice touch from The Lord Mayor presenting Fr Wallace's family with a drawing of him. Sadly missed. R.i.p... A great man.

bridge ender

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2013, 01:41:23 AM »
Hi All

The  present Lord Mayor has shown that he will visit and represent all people and sections of Belfast.

Bravo to the Lord mayor

BE
Life is lived forwards and understood backwards.

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2013, 04:08:51 PM »
Off-topic posts removed.

This topic is for marking the passing of the priest, not for knocking the RC church or anything else.

glenb

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2013, 05:46:32 PM »
Fantastic person....Matt and Des Wilson, the best

Sally Ann

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2013, 04:25:03 AM »
Fantastic person....Matt and Des Wilson, the best
Yep glen, no-one can dispute your sentiments.

Wish the RC Church had more men like them!  :-*
I only got drunk, I never got stupid!