Author Topic: north queen street  (Read 22503 times)

Eleanor

Re: north queen street
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 09:37:34 AM »
St. Kevins, North Queen St.

When was the old Holy Family church built? I expect it wasn't as far back as 1822. :-\
Hate the sin, but love the sinner

wee legs

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2008, 10:50:22 AM »
When was the old Holy Family church built? I expect it wasn't as far back as 1822. :-\
1895. There's a short history at http://www.holy-familyparish.com/global/archive/history.html
just keep going, it's better than the alternative.

Eleanor

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2008, 11:19:41 AM »
Hate the sin, but love the sinner

delane

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2008, 11:43:55 AM »
 thank you to u all, i have been in touch with st patrick,s who have st joseph,s records, they have no baptism cert,of JULIA ANN MULLAN, BORN 21/02/1882. 37, LANCASTER, ST, CHRISTENING DATE,16/03/1882, denomination C P, [CIVIL-PARISH] JOHN MULLAN[FATHER]  OCCUPATION,SEA-CAPTAIN,[.MOTHER] MARY KEATLEY,....sponsor/informant.1 OFFICER,HARRIETT. I HAVE ALL THIS INFO,& I CAN,T FIND THE CHURCH OR BAPTISM-CERT. who keeps all the records? i need your help guy,s again. thank,s again,...delane..
the older you get the worse you get..

MOONDOG

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2008, 12:37:51 AM »
mybe  if  u try  for birth certificate or st. marys chapel  as this was the oldest

aussiepossum

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2008, 10:40:48 PM »
Delane

Re Julia Ann Mullan

The transcript record from UHF for Julia Ann Mullan is for the registration of her birth and the date of registration would have been 16 March 1882, not her christening date.  UHF use the same format for the birth records and christenings/baptisms.

You will notice the heading Christening/Reg:  on the UHF transcript you have and the Reg: means registration date of Julia Ann Mullan's birth.

Denomination: Civil Parish - Indicates that the transcript was for the registration of a birth and not a christening/baptism.

The transcript should have also indicated what district the birth was registered in.   

Aussiepossum

delane

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2008, 01:49:53 PM »
Aussie,u  know i am as thick as two plank,s,if she was born,21/2/1882. so what u r saying is she was registered on 16/3/1882, not a christening as i thought? detail,s,  district: Belfast,co antrim,cp,shankill. parish URBAN 2 BELFAST, ENTRY 411, DOES that help forgive me Aussie, i am crap at this? i am trying to get her info to get john mullan,s family detail,s i,e his [ship,s detail,s] sponsor,1, officer, Harriett. what ship was he off, if my grandfather was the captain? see my point . well i have learnt this week the L.D.S. HAVE ALL ireland death,s at sea,births marriages, catalogue, lists, www.mariners.co.UK/ UK merchant navy index.  keep in touch,Aussie. take care, regards ,..delane,,

MOONDOG

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008, 06:41:33 PM »
yis   wernt  thick  just  stoopid  i n hardinge  street O0 O0

delane

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2008, 07:48:54 PM »
 i agree, big bad dog, delane.

delane

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2008, 07:54:11 PM »
aussie my man, have i got it wrong, on officer harriett, could that person have been a registrar? what do you think?  am i learning [slowly].regards, delane..

MOONDOG

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2008, 11:48:19 PM »
delane   mybe she  was  born  at  sea   ??????harriet  could  have  been  godparent {sponser} or  have  u got me  up  the left also

delane

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2008, 03:03:42 PM »
hi,ya. moondog, she was born in Belfast, co,antrim, 21/2/1882. as to officer,Harriett, was this person a clerk for the register office or a person on a SHIP?, i don,t know.i have just found out Julia Ann mullan married a Davey, from park st, carrick hill, 1940,s50,s, do u know any Davey,s moondog.. as for me i don,t know if i am going left or right or straight on. take care, all the best  moondog.,,, delane,..

boxer1949

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2008, 03:59:15 PM »
The late Teddy Fields wife is a Davey she was from Upton St off park St she still lives in the barrack North Queen St her brother Manuel lives in springfield road.Charley Davey live in California St of park St The only Davey in park st was Jim Wiston mother she was a Davey (Rita) There were Mullans from Alton ST. The Largeys,  Daveys, Horne, Wiston, Mullan. were all related

delane

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2008, 06:14:15 PM »
hi,boxer, well, there are so many people around that small area, i have a head-stone photo, of a charles davey, died 11,may 1981, also his wife, brigid died, 2,oct 2005, so my great aunt, julia mullan,davey, was his grany? they are buried in the same plot, in milltown as my ggrandfather,old soldier mullan [john]  julia,s brother,. if anyone knows this family can u get them on the forum? if u can please. i have phoned my uncle, he is in that area, brian [del], which davey did, julia mullan marry? if i can get his name we can then look on emerald, 4. detail,s [its hard work this],were was alton st, many thank,s boxer, 4 your great help,.. take care,..delane..

delane

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008, 06:24:57 PM »
hello, everyone, julia mullan [davey] must of got married in 1900,s to 1912, as she was 19, in 1901, i don,t think to many couple,s married late into there 30,s back then? i am only guessing. regards, ...delane..