Author Topic: HOW COME YOU LEFT BELFAST  (Read 39379 times)

JohnKelly

Re: HOW COME YOU LEFT BELFAST
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2019, 10:49:55 AM »
With nothing better to do on a rainy day I browsed through all of the topic titles in the Belfast Forum going back to 2007 and this topic 'How Come You Left Belfast I found an interesting read, plus this one,

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,28411.0.html

What struck me was the number of long standing members who were regular posters but no longer post and I also detected a more friendlier and less argumentative tone in the posts of those times.
Looking at the current posts in comparison, there appears to be an intent by some new chums to resurrect the past in order to bait another member. 

JohnKelly

« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2019, 11:08:13 AM »
Duplicate Post Deleted

JohnKelly

« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2019, 04:55:40 AM »
With nothing better to do on a rainy day I browsed through all of the topic titles in the Belfast Forum going back to 2007 and this topic 'How Come You Left Belfast I found an interesting read, plus this one,

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,28411.0.html

What struck me was the number of long standing members who were regular posters but no longer post and I also detected a more friendlier and less argumentative tone in the posts of those times.

Looking at the current posts in comparison, there appears to be an intent by some new chums to resurrect the past in order to bait other members.

Sad but true. I hardly ever go online these days because I am getting tired of the argumentative tone of some members and their continuous baiting. Now, I already know certain members will respond to this saying it’s all in my head, “just in their humble opinion”, or attempt to twist my words, saying “so what you’re saying is...” (only to fill in something preposterous), but it is true, the Forum used to be a much nicer place. It is a real pity so many bigots have taken over and chased away those who could have a conversation without resorting to cheap tactics and/or sectarianism. I hope they’ll eventually return, but I’m not holding my breath.