Author Topic: East Belfast. St Molua's C of I Stormont Parish  (Read 2816 times)

weedotty

Re: East Belfast. St Molua's C of I Stormont Parish
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 05:50:34 AM »
That Christopher, brought back a lot of memories for me. I attended that church for 11 years, was in the choir, helped to start the Brownies and Girl Guides, was a Sunday School teacher and thoroughly enjoyed  the Youth Club.

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 05:55:34 AM »
Unlike me weedotty, you were an active church attender. I probably missed a lot by not getting involved in church activities. Do you remember the names of curates or rectors there weedotty.

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 06:16:17 AM »
Christopher

She tried to get me "To see the Light '' ::)

It didn't work, I'm still a Pagan ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

weedotty

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 06:19:42 PM »
Chris,
Most of the time I was  there the Rev. Edgar Hamilton was in charge.
I beleive the Sunday School superintendent was a Mr. Morrison who had a girl called Cynthia and they lived in the Summerhill Estate.
In Chapter 6 there are many first names only and only a few I recognised.
There used to be a gas station next to the church, I think the Williams owned it. One of their sons Chris died due to a hockey ball hitting his chest and the autopsy showed that he had weak cells in the  heart area. A very sad day as Chris attended the youth guild.

EllCee

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 09:37:15 AM »
"There used to be a gas station next to the church, I think the Williams owned it."

Hollinger used to sell cars from there, then it became Rosepark Car Sales.  Until recently it was a business selling "rustic" garden furniture and sheds made from untrimmed and unplaned branches.

Now it is a vacant lot, with piles of rubbish.
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"