Author Topic: Looking for Old Friends From Ardoyne  (Read 2668 times)

anne long-morrison

Looking for Old Friends From Ardoyne
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:59:01 PM »
My name is Anne Long (now Morrison) from Estoril Park.
I am looking for some old friends from Ardoyne. Anyone know a Hazel Hull, Christine Mc Cotter, Evelyn Turkington,  Geraldine McNulty or Celine McGarry. I live in Toronto Canada now since 1972

Tipperdarby

Re: Looking for Old Friends From Ardoyne
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 11:23:42 PM »
Anne, Hopefully Kateme will see this. Christine McCotter was her friend when she was young. Perhaps she knows something about her.
It was great chatting to you today and catching up.
Eileen

geezer magee

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 09:22:59 PM »
Hi my mum was from the (bone) in the old park her name was dolores Bloomfield  my aunt eilish lives in Canada Ursula & molly lives in Australia

seamusdoc

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 09:13:53 PM »
Do you have a brother Jimmy living in the kitchener area married to Roisin. Did you live in the first house in Estoril. I live in Pickering,where there are some other people from Ard Eoin. I came from Brompton Park.

ps. did you ever work in the Beltex

Tipperdarby

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »
Do you have a brother Jimmy living in the kitchener area married to Roisin. Did you live in the first house in Estoril. I live in Pickering,where there are some other people from Ard Eoin. I came from Brompton Park.

ps. did you ever work in the Beltex
seamusdoc, Anne isn't on the BF very often so I will email her to let her know of your post. Jim is her brother but she didn't live in the first house in Estoril. She lived in #40 on the same side as the bus depot. Anne didn't work in the Beltex, perhaps her sister June did??

I lived in Eskdale and Anne and I went to St Dominic's together.

Tipperdarby

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 08:16:38 PM »
seamusdoc, I read an old post of yours where you mention Rose and Terry Lundy. They lived a couple of doors down from us in Wofhill Drive in Ligoniel. They left for Canada a bit before we did. I think they had 2 little girls?

seamusdoc

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 07:19:32 PM »
ROSE AND TERANCE WERE VISITING PICKERING SO WE WENT OUT WITH THEM LAST NIGHT AND WILL SEE THEM TONIGHT. I TOLD THEM THAT I HAD BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THEIR NEIGHBOUR FROM WOLFHILL DR. THEY REMEMBER YOU VERY WELL.THEY WERE SORRY TO HEAR YOUR PARENTS HAD PASSED AWAY.

Tipperdarby

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 08:34:20 PM »
ROSE AND TERANCE WERE VISITING PICKERING SO WE WENT OUT WITH THEM LAST NIGHT AND WILL SEE THEM TONIGHT. I TOLD THEM THAT I HAD BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THEIR NEIGHBOUR FROM WOLFHILL DR. THEY REMEMBER YOU VERY WELL.THEY WERE SORRY TO HEAR YOUR PARENTS HAD PASSED AWAY.
Thank you so much for that. Please pass on my best wishes to them both. :)

weefella

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 03:01:59 PM »
I used to walk out with an Ardoyne girl called Celine McGarry in 67, 68. I think it was Estoril park.  She was skinny and gorgeous! I last saw her many years later and she was a mother and possibly a granny but still skinny and still gorgeous.

tombro47

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 11:44:14 AM »
does anyone know a danny mc bride from chatham street lived no 19

tombro47

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 04:37:10 PM »
danny lived at no 19 chatham st  was friends with jim mc gee john reilly lerance mc glinchy went with a girl fro aliance ave in 1967ish her name was  swindles i think thanks in advance

cjn1402

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 09:37:14 PM »
does anyone know what happened to Sean Gordon i think he came from Brookefield St

cjn1402

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2014, 09:39:37 PM »
thats the same Sean Gordon who married Maura Nellis of Ladbrooke drive