Author Topic: linda Morrow  (Read 973 times)

william Hunter

linda Morrow
« on: September 13, 2013, 11:50:28 AM »
Last known address: Innishowen Drive . Finaghy area 1964. Her father was a butcher I think she had a brother called John? I've been trying to find her from the early 80s  .I guess she married but I only have her maiden name to go on She briefly attended Orange's Academy where we were class mates Do you know her or what became of the family ?

merseyperson

Re: linda Morrow
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 01:01:36 PM »
Take a look at the advice suggestions on this message link the same suggestions apply to you.
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,53994.msg1449132.html#msg1449132

Gwen.McIlroy

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 12:29:22 AM »
Hi re  Linda Morrow - did she go to Ashleigh House before Oranges Academy - was she a hairdresser.  If so I knew her and can tell you more.  She had blond hair and brown eyes.

william Hunter

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 10:07:06 AM »
I think she may have attended Ashleigh ? I thought I spotted her at the City airport , but the blonde hair kind of threw me. As it was quite some time since Iíd seen her , I was working and she just suddenly appeared in front of me and I lost the moment . Brown eyes yes I will always remember them . What can you tell me . Thank you for getting in touch. Even after all this time I still wonder what became of her.

Gwen.McIlroy

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 11:58:03 AM »
Hi. I am not sure that this is the same Linda Morris as she always had blond hair.  I went to school with Linda and we had the same circle of friends when we left school.  I moved to Scotland in 1974 and some years later she moved to Glasgow where she met and married a really lovely guy and they moved to Spain.  Sadly she fell prey to cancer and died and that was some years ago.  I am sorry to be the bearer of this news but if you saw her in the airport recently then it canít be her.  She would be in her early seventies now and I might have a photo of her somewhere.  I am hoping this is not the same person and you have more luck in finding your friend.  Best wishes

william Hunter

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 12:29:55 PM »
Hi Gwen,
I donít think itís the same Linda Morrow .She would be 67ish at most, we were in the same form at school. When I knew her she had ginger hair and brown eyes. The city airport brief encounter was about 2003 !  Thank you anyway, after all these yrs I had nearly given up. Best wishes

Gwen.McIlroy

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 12:32:36 PM »
I still think there must have been two Linda Morrowís as Iím not sure she lived in Finaghy and I know she didnít have a brother - she was an only child and she only ever mentioned her mother. I do know she went to Oranges very briefly.  Perhaps you know my other friend, Maureen Jordan who also went there.  I am having work done in my house and the room with all my photos in it is chockablock with rubbish but give me a couple of weeks and Iíll try to find a photo of her to settle this debate.  She was certainly still alive in 2003.

william Hunter

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 03:31:33 PM »
Gwen,
If you can send a picture of Linda I would appreciate that very much. Back in our Orange Academy days we looked out for each other. We came in early every morning long before the rest of the pupils and staff just so we could have our time. The school was on the third floor of a busy building no one would have noticed to school kids.Some sort of accidental fire over the summer and the school was gone.Only saw Linda again briefly in 74 and at the airport in 2003  ( I think )  Thanks again for your help.

Cobo jim

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 05:03:59 PM »
I knew a Linda Marrow in the mid 1960s, she had blond hair and worked at Raymondís hairdressers in Belfast. She told me she lived on the  Cavehill road, if she is the one who moved to Scotland and she she has died the world is a poorer place without her. She was a lovely person , RIP Linda.

Gwen.McIlroy

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 05:12:17 PM »
Hi
I am absolutely sure this is the same Linda that I knew - we went to Ashleigh House together in the sixties and then hung about together after our schooldays were over.  She was friends with the same people that I was - Roy Hill, Billy Barnes etc. We drank in Kellyís Cellars and went to the Jazz Club.  We stayed friends and reconnected in Scotland until she moved to Spain with her lovely (newish) husband.  She worked at STV over here and we kept in touch when she was in Spain.  She was a lovely girl/woman and I do miss her as do our old school friends and others who knew her.  Nice to hear from you.

william Hunter

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2021, 01:11:04 PM »
Hi Gwen
Did you have any joy finding a photograph of Linda ?