Author Topic: Mid 40's North Belfast  (Read 941 times)

Jep

Mid 40's North Belfast
« on: September 16, 2013, 02:52:54 PM »
Anyone remember the anti-aircraft guns that were installed at Ballysillen Road and Joanmount Gardens? I remember playing on them as a boy.
Today was tomorrow just yesterday

Donovan

Re: Mid 40's North Belfast
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 03:57:47 PM »
I remember the Barrage baloons and the air raid shelters.Also remember going up cave hill to see a crashed airplane.

kate.o

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 04:02:16 AM »
I do remember the air raid shelters .

tommytwotoes

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 10:58:49 PM »
i remember these old gun turretts along the shore line on the shore road we played in them wen kids regards tommy, ps hello kate hope ya well
i never drop players ,i only make changes (shanks) justice for the 96

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 07:47:18 AM »
I remember some sort of small RAF base opp waste ground on the Ballysillen Rd that is now the new Boys Model School...Any connection?
God Bless President Trump! God Bless Israel....and God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

pajamo46

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 09:21:04 AM »
I remember some sort of small RAF base opp waste ground on the Ballysillen Rd that is now the new Boys Model School...Any connection?
What r u talking about Jack, you r much too young to remember that ;)
Hope u r keeping well and still enjoy the odd pint or two. Keep smiling.
Patsy

willalindsay1984

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 07:24:36 PM »

Hi Donovan

I would love to hear more about your story of visiting the crashed B-17 bomber on Cavehill, my friend Alfie and I have been researching this story for many years. We have recently published a book about the crew and the crash, but we are still on the search for as many accounts as possible to add to the records about the crash. Your input would be much appreciated. Did you access the site from the golf course at the top or the field at the top of Ben madigan Park?. Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Will

I remember the Barrage baloons and the air raid shelters.Also remember going up cave hill to see a crashed airplane.