Author Topic: Fish & Chip shops and restaurants  (Read 14322 times)

syriana

Fish & Chip shops and restaurants
« on: October 29, 2013, 09:13:51 PM »
Mind you, you'd need R & R by the time you had walked from "The Woburn Arms" or "The Windmill Grill" in Millisle.

:(

I think "The Windmill Grill" is closed now but there is an excellent fish and chip shop called McClements.
No answer is an answer.

EllCee

Re: Fish & Chip shops and restaurants
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 09:19:33 PM »

I think "The Windmill Grill" is closed now but there is an excellent fish and chip shop called McClements.

Is that on the D'dee side of the Village?  I think I've had food from there some years ago.  Both were/are excellent.  Really good.

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

river rats

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 09:29:43 PM »
Does any one remember the kingfisher
We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

syriana

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 09:33:46 PM »
Is that on the D'dee side of the Village?  I think I've had food from there some years ago.  Both were/are excellent.  Really good.

It's about fifty yards from The Windmill Grill.  Fish and chips is my favourite meal - I'm always looking for the perfect fish supper and would give McClements a nine out of ten.
No answer is an answer.

EllCee

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 09:38:08 PM »

In Ballywalter?

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

EllCee

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 09:41:01 PM »

It's about fifty yards from The Windmill Grill.  Fish and chips is my favourite meal - I'm always looking for the perfect fish supper and would give McClements a nine out of ten.

OK.  That's a good recommendation. 

I've found the Captain's Table to be "not as good" in the past couple of years. I had a row there earlier this year when I asked the lady if she had "recooked" the chips!!   :( :o

river rats

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 09:52:05 PM »
No it was in millisle

syriana

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 09:52:18 PM »
OK.  That's a good recommendation. 

I've found the Captain's Table to be "not as good" in the past couple of years. I had a row there earlier this year when I asked the lady if she had "recooked" the chips!!   :( :o

I live in D'Dee.  I also stopped using the Captains Table after a very disappointing fish supper.  I had one yesterday from Raineys, the new one opposite a Grace Neill's. It was OK but not as good as McClements.
No answer is an answer.

sonofshanks

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 09:55:54 PM »

Should you find yourself in the vicinity of the lower Newtownards Road try the 'Bethany'. Can still recommend 'Longs' just off Durham Street in Belfast. Never been disappointed by either.
I wanted to build a fortress, a bastion of invincibility.

river rats

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 09:59:28 PM »

Should you find yourself in the vicinity of the lower Newtownards Road try the 'Bethany'. Can still recommend 'Longs' just off Durham Street in Belfast. Never been disappointed by either.
You right as always SOS. But never as good as huddelsons in tennant street  or beeties on the shankill.
Now where did I put my time machine.

sonofshanks

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 10:02:29 PM »
You right as always SOS. But never as good as huddelsons in tennant street  or beeties on the shankill.
Now where did I put my time machine.

Oh, for a Fish Supper from Huddlesons, oh and a time machine. Lol  :D

EllCee

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 10:02:53 PM »
No it was in millisle

I was never in it, then.  I was in a pub in Main Street Ballywalter many many years ago.

sonofshanks

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 10:10:27 PM »

If I recall correctly, the Kingfisher was on the opposite side of the street from the pubs in Millisle. Latterly I think it was an Indian restaurant for a while but that could have been ten years or more ago when I lived at Ballyhalbert.  ???

syriana

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 10:15:24 PM »

I used to call at The Bethany occasionally on a lunch time when I was working, good fish and chips and  a nice man in attendance. He once gave me free portion of brown fish in bread crumbs which he had just introduced (long time ago) - lovely but it made me thirsty.  I was forced to go for several pints on the way home that night.
No answer is an answer.

EllCee

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 10:18:57 PM »

I live in D'Dee.  I also stopped using the Captains Table after a very disappointing fish supper.  I had one yesterday from Raineys, the new one opposite a Grace Neill's. It was OK but not as good as McClements.

I know you do.  I stay near the harbour now and again.  Within walking distance to the rear entrance of Pier 36.

I don't know Rainey's.  Is David's not good?