Author Topic: Fish & Chip shops and restaurants  (Read 14312 times)

SWLRADIO

Re: Fish & Chip shops and restaurants
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2013, 04:48:32 AM »
 Those were the days!! ???

Red Rooster

Sunnyside Up, Sunnyside Street
Mockingbird Ormeau Road

oulpete

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2013, 05:56:35 PM »
No it was in millisle
on the other side of the road opposite the off licence , been closed years now, not surprised, dirty hole! Then an Indian for awhile but never did any trade,

billyh

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2013, 08:24:47 PM »
I used to use the golden slipper, or hills [later the hotspot] at ballyhachamore when the astoria picture house got out, then there was the madison on the hollywood rd. There was a decent wee chippy at the bottom of grampion ave, cant remember its name.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.

billyh

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2013, 08:29:33 PM »
Theres one im sure ellcee will remember.  the Neptune chippy in dundonald beside the metro cinema, bikers used it.  .many years ago.

Bigali

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2013, 11:48:51 AM »
I used to use the golden slipper, or hills [later the hotspot] at ballyhachamore when the astoria picture house got out, then there was the madison on the hollywood rd. There was a decent wee chippy at the bottom of grampion ave, cant remember its name.

The Hot Spot is badly missed in the Hack  :(
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

billyh

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2013, 11:56:21 AM »

The Hot Spot is badly missed in the Hack  :(
Aye bigali it was a crackin chippy  O0

Bigali

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2013, 12:00:14 PM »
Aye bigali it was a crackin chippy  O0

Billy I posted about this on another thread, the chippy that is there now where the Hot Spot used to be you wouldn't give the crap they serve to a dog, can't see it lasting  :bad:

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

Lilian Ashe

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2013, 05:57:05 PM »
The late Mrs Kane who had a chippy in Cavendish Street used to do lovely fish & chips and fantastic pasties. Does anyone remember her? She lived to a ripe old age and only passed away a few years ago having moved to Australia to live with her daughter. The wee chippy didn't have a name but the queues used to be down the street. This would be around 1960 +.

rathlin

« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2013, 10:33:11 AM »
Remembering the forgotten innocents of all wars.

syriana

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2013, 11:31:52 AM »
Ritchie's on the Castlereagh Road was my local when I was a kid.  I have a eaten fish supper in there whilst being entertained by Vere Law tap dancing on the tiled floor.  Vere eventually opened his own Castlereagh Road chip shop near Channing Street.   I was never a great pastie lover but the pasties in The Trafalgar in Bloomfield Avenue were great.  The Trafalgar was a typical old fashioned fish and chip shop then with booths.  In later years it morphed into a small, modern type premises and was never the same.
No answer is an answer.

Bigali

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2013, 12:54:28 PM »
Ritchie's on the Castlereagh Road was my local when I was a kid.  I have a eaten fish supper in there whilst being entertained by Vere Law tap dancing on the tiled floor.  Vere eventually opened his own Castlereagh Road chip shop near Channing Street.   I was never a great pastie lover but the pasties in The Trafalgar in Bloomfield Avenue were great.  The Trafalgar was a typical old fashioned fish and chip shop then with booths.  In later years it morphed into a small, modern type premises and was never the same.

I'd forgotten about the Trafalgar it was a good chippy

SWLRADIO

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2013, 07:06:22 PM »

Lilian

Was that chippy on the right hand side of the street.
 Nearly at the bottom of Cavendish Street , close to the top of Gortfin Street? :-\

My aunt, used to send me to get chips there when I was a kid :)

EllCee

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2013, 12:07:48 AM »
Theres one im sure ellcee will remember.  the Neptune chippy in dundonald beside the metro cinema, bikers used it.  .many years ago.

Oh yes I do.  Starting point for the race to N'ards every night.

And the snogs up the side of the building with lovely Marie Maxwell from Ardcarn.

:D ;) :) :)
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Bigali

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2013, 12:10:40 AM »
Oh yes I do.  Starting point for the race to N'ards every night.

And the snogs up the side of the building with lovely Marie Maxwell from Ardcarn.

:D ;) :) :)

Marie sounds like a classy chick  ;)

EllCee

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2013, 12:18:43 AM »
She was lovely.  Gorgeous.

And before you ask, I don't know.

:)
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"