Author Topic: Tap Dance Shoes  (Read 5140 times)

Jeannie

Tap Dance Shoes
« on: October 04, 2007, 11:03:37 PM »
Hi Everyone

Anyone know of any Dance Shoe Shops in Belfast or Dublin where my 18 year old niece can buy tap dance shoes.   She has a contact in England but with the postal strike on she cant get them in time (they wont send by courier).  She needs them asap.  Hope someone out there can help.  Many thanks.
Jeannie

Christopher

Re: Tap Dance Shoes
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 01:53:56 AM »
Hi Jeannie,

Would the shoes that Irish dancers wear do the trick? Click here and have a look at these shoes. The shop supplying these is at 60, Killyleagh Street, Crossgar. Scroll to the bottom of the page when you have looked at the shoes for the link to the shop's contact details.

Here's a link for Tip Tap, Bridge Street, Portadown and The Glass Slipper, Woodstock Road, is another possibility.
Oh, BTW that shop is near the end of the third page of the Retrieva website.

If you've any problems post again.

Christopher

Jeannie

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 10:45:38 AM »
Christopher
Thank you so much for the info.  Have already tried the shop in Woodstock Road and they havent got what she wants! and according to her Irish Dancing Shoes wont do!  Will get her to phone the shop in Portadown tho this afternoon and let you know how we get on.
Ta.
Jeannie

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 06:43:02 PM »
Hi Jeannie,

If you're having no luck contact Diane Richardson or Sarah Keating of the Tapestry Rhythm Tap Company
in Dublin. They may know places that sell tap dancing shoes in Dublin and elsewhere in Ireland. Click here
for their contact details.

Christopher   

Jeannie

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 02:30:35 PM »
Gee Christopher u r a real gem, thank you so much for all the info you have given me for my neice.  Have passed it on to her this afternoon and will let u know if we have any luck. she still has to try Tip Tap in Portadown - they were closed yesterday or at least weren't answering their phone.
Ta once again. O0
Jeannie

Christopher

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 02:36:31 PM »
No problem Jeannie.

I'm only sorry one of my contacts who taught dance now lives in Malta so I'm unable to ask if she can assist.
If your niece has no luck with those Dublin ones let me know and I'll get back to the drawing board and have another go.

Christopher. 

Jeannie

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 04:01:49 PM »
Hi Christopher
If the postal strike wasnt on she can get them in London so eventually we will be able to order them there.  Dont understand why the tech in Belfast run these courses for young ones who want to go into peforming arts and when they need something like this you cant get it here. she needed them like yesterday!  There isnt even anywhere here for her to do Work Experience! she may have to go to London for one week - expensive eh.  she hopes to go to Mountview in London to continue her career.
Jeannie

Riyannez

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 08:39:12 AM »
It is better if you personally bring her in a shop who is selling these shoes. So that she can wear it and feel if she is comfortable with the shoes. You can also shop online but you couldn't try it.

Gabriella

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 02:18:11 PM »
I had the same problem, couldn't find what I'd like, the choice at the shops leaves much to be desired... The choice and prices online are much better, for example I found my tap dancing shoes at Dance Direct.