Author Topic: Orangefield boys secondary school 1963 to1969  (Read 18053 times)

Ian Simms

Re: Orangefield boys secondary school 1963 to1969
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2019, 10:22:00 AM »
I was in their class. Vance Kane & Laurence Cobain were part of the "crowd". My best-friend at the time, and still was Eric Frizzell and our mate at the time was a boy called Alan Hill from Cypress Avenue. We've been trying to locate Alan for years but he seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. He was a brilliant artist and went to the College of Art. His then girlfriend dumped him and moved to Canada. Alan followed her & we never heard from him again. If anyone knows anything about him I'd love to hear from you. Ian Simms here by the way. My brother Stephen & late brother Johnnie also went to O'field
Ian Simms
Strandtown P.School
Orangefield Boys Sec. School
Sunblest Bakery
B.T.

Whichway

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2019, 03:38:08 PM »
I was in their class. Vance Kane & Laurence Cobain were part of the "crowd". My best-friend at the time, and still was Eric Frizzell and our mate at the time was a boy called Alan Hill from Cypress Avenue. We've been trying to locate Alan for years but he seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. He was a brilliant artist and went to the College of Art. His then girlfriend dumped him and moved to Canada. Alan followed her & we never heard from him again. If anyone knows anything about him I'd love to hear from you. Ian Simms here by the way. My brother Stephen & late brother Johnnie also went to O'field
what years where you there Ian..I remember these names but they weren't in my classes...did Vance Kane play 5 asides? At the time of TD..son of the Duke.

boothil

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2019, 07:29:40 PM »
Vance Kane  2T2 played in the “B” team those years with Stewart’s Dowds. Cobain played in the “A” team. Blonde hair. Hard to remember. Anyone know where all the team photographs went to when the school closed.
what years where you there Ian..I remember these names but they weren't in my classes...did Vance Kane play 5 asides? At the time of TD..son of the Duke.

boothil

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2019, 07:33:48 PM »
T.D   Tommy Dixon was a year younger I believe.,yes Kane played in the 5 asides. They could be hard games at lunch time.