Author Topic: Some Photos  (Read 6860 times)

BLOOMFIELD

Some Photos
« on: July 20, 2006, 08:33:09 AM »
Just click on the ZOOM.
 Hope this works. ;D

I know, I know, it's not a "Shorty" ::)

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view.php?VEID=36756_uedRUL1153379266lvmZNM&mesg=1
Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

teap

Re: Some Photos
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 10:50:36 AM »
Now i enjoyed those photos Bloomfield see the one of your Brother Dad and you in 62 well you were the spitting image of your dad, then the one of you on the bike in Bangor well in that one you are like your Dads Brother Will.

Got any more?  ;D

Colette

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 03:36:53 PM »
Thanks Colette.

Got lots more. These were all different size photos (I do not have any negatives ) that I've had in a lage envelope since 1971. ::)
I brought them to my local Drug / photo shop (you would know them as a Chemist. ;D and got them put on CD.
I just got a small number done, to see what kind of job they would do. I am pleased with what they did, but it's kinda expensive----   7$Can for the Gold CD., and 2$Can for each photo.
Will get more done , and post them shortly.

When I look at the 3 brothers, it's makes me wonder if they all had the same Father. ::) ;)

Well Les , how do you think they turned out ?

EllCee

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 06:05:14 PM »
The photos turned out great. 

I think I met your Dad just once and I wouldn't have recognised Roy of course.

Also, I only remember your Triumph when it was partly assembled in the front room of Inverary Avenue, never at Bangor.  A Velocette is what I associate you with.

Doesn't the Tiger Cub look tiny?

That's a dreadfully expensive price for putting the photos on the CD, as I've mentioned to you before.  Have you looked at the various websites for drivers for one for your hardware?  Chris has found some obscure drivers for us in the past, so an updated one to suit your equipment might be available.

My wife says she prefers you without the beard!
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 06:38:39 PM »
Les

As I said, my photo shop has a really high resolution scanner. I think the job that they did on my passport photo(1 1/2 by 2 inches ) was superb.
So to get the same results, I would need a new, much higher resolution scanner, photo manipulating software, and a CD burner. After all that expense, I still don't think that I would get the same good results.

Your memory is going les, I built my Triumph in the front room when I lived in Bloomfield Gardens, it was my Triton that you remember being rebuilt in the front room in Inverary Avenue.
The 350 cc Velocette was my first bike, Roy had the Green 500 cc Velocette with a full white Dustbin fairing, before he got the Bonneville. The little Tiger Cub was a good little bike.

Tell Rosie that I am now beardless (still have mustache ) and I have cut off my long hair  (I had a Pony Tail about 8 inches long

My hair has got a bit lighter ;D my wife says it is going grey :o

It is blonde highlights------ well, that's is my story, and I'm sticking to it. ;D

EllCee

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 07:50:33 PM »
"it was my Triton that you remember being rebuilt in the front room in Inverary Avenue."

Now, remind me again   A Triton is a Triumph engine in a Norton frame is it not?  It's not a Velocette or a Norton?

"Green 500 cc Velocette with a full white Dustbin fairing"   I don't remember the white fairing at all.  Was Roy's Bonneville a white unit-construction engine model or with the separate gear-box?   

I also do not remember ever even being in your house at Bloomfield to be able to remember seeing a bike being built there.  In fact, just this morning as we were driving up the Bloomfield Rd on our way home from the Holywood Arches, Rosie asked me where you used to live.  I was able to point out the road, Bloomfield Gardens, but not the house.

You could get the photo manipulating software from generous people.   ;)  If you knew any.   ;) ;)   :-* :-*
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 08:35:35 PM »
Les

I had the 1952 Triumph 500 cc TR5 , into which I fitted 2 Bonneville inlet cams  (3134 cams, popular mod for 500 cc. ), 9 to pistons, and twin carbs.( installed on a solid aluminium manifold that my Father got made in the machine shop in Shorts )

I then bought a 1954 Norton Dominater 88.

I took the engine out of the Triumph frame , and installed it in the Norton frame.
I managed to get a set of close ratio racing gears from a racing unit construction  "works " 250 cc New Imperial which had raced in the 1936 Ulster grand Prix. These gears were made by Sturmey Archer who made the Norton gearboxes, and they installed into the Dominater's gearbox shell. Seeing they were racing gears there was no provision for a kick start, I always had to bump start it .

Roy's Bonneville was the first year Triumph changed the frame from the duplex front down tube to the very large single down tube, 1962 I think. The colour scheme was Gold / White with a black frame, a lovely looking bike.
It was unit construction. It came from the Factory with the "Race Kit", this was remote rubber mounted carb float chamber----- this enabled the engine to go 1,000 revs higher------the petrol frothed in the normal carbs at high revs

Rosie's memory is going also, she came to my house in Bloomfield to show me her new automatic Mini. :D

EllCee

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 09:03:58 PM »
"Roy's Bonneville was the first year Triumph changed the frame from the duplex front down tube to the very large single down tube, 1962 I think. The colour scheme was Gold / White with a black frame, a lovely looking bike.
It was unit construction. It came from the Factory with the "Race Kit", this was remote rubber mounted carb float chamber----- this enabled the engine to go 1,000 revs higher------the petrol frothed in the normal carbs at high revs"

That's the Bonnie I was thinking of.  A guy called Ken from Wanstead had one.  He used to lend it, or his Da's 3.8 Jag, to me and borrowed my bike instead!"

"Rosie's memory is going also, she came to my house in Bloomfield to show me her new automatic Mini. Cheesy"

Sorry to have to inform you, Rosie has never had an automatic Mini.  Ever.  I don't think she has even driven one.   ::)

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 09:16:55 PM »
Les

Sorry to have to inform you, Rosie has never had an automatic Mini.  Ever.  I don't think she has even driven one.   

OOOOOOPS !!!

I must be thinking of some other lovely lady

EllCee

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 09:25:36 PM »
No comment       ;)

Texas is in England, buying and selling daggers.  He is going to see his grand-daughter at the weekend.  The heatwave is giving him problems as his legs are swelling.

I expect he was having a smoke as he typed that.   ::)

joebhoy

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 09:34:11 PM »
thanks pal for sharing that with us

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 09:53:44 PM »
Les

Yea, I got an email from him, he was saying that he hoped his legs would hold out on the trip.  ::)

EllCee

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 10:12:37 PM »
Trev,

I've just had a thought.

What is your reason for getting the photos put on a CD?

What resolution does a computer monitor use?

I think the maximum resolution the human eye can determine is 300 dpi.  There's an article in a recent magazine.  I'll look it out and perhaps scan the relevant bits.

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 10:32:12 PM »
Les

I want them on a CD, so that I can post them on the Web, send them to friends, and it's a handy storage medium.
My scanner does not work with Win XP, AND, it's a wee bit difficult to cut and paste photos on to the web ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My video card and monitor combination allows me to go up to 1600 x 1200 pixels, but I normally run at 800 x 600.

EllCee

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 10:52:09 PM »
"I want them on a CD, so that I can post them on the Web, send them to friends, and it's a handy storage medium."

Good idea.  Post them to an album in "Flickr" or "Village Photo" or any other of the free on line photo hosting websites.

"it's a wee bit difficult to cut and paste photos on to the web".

Oh come on.   :-\

This may be of interest:

http://www.microscope-microscope.org/imaging/image-resolution.htm

http://www.fotofinish.com/resources/centers/photo/resolution.htm

http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/17491