Author Topic: Star of the Sea School Greencastle  (Read 3081 times)

Rafferty

Star of the Sea School Greencastle
« on: December 30, 2013, 03:15:25 AM »
Anyone out there from Star of the Sea between 1955 - 1963?

johncatt

Re: Star of the Sea School Greencastle
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 12:42:25 AM »
I went to the Star Of The Sea  54 to 56 ..The best memories  are school dinners and free milk .  Teachers  one was called mc Alease  and i think Todd  ,could be wrong ..??.

mbe01

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 04:02:04 AM »
was at star from 52 til 59 (then went to stella maris) - remember john and michael macaleese, paddy sreenan, miss wills, mr mchugh etc

Brown low

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
The Devlin family from Rathcoole. Joe, John, went to Canada and lives in Montreal.

mbe01

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 02:13:14 AM »
knew them I believe - joe was a tailor in donegal st and if I remember , john went to the meteorilogical service ( dont know where that came from - just an impression )
- haven't heard of them for years !

RobRoy

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 10:59:03 PM »
Next door neighbours. Joe was a great little guy, he had one lung but it didn't stop him from being a great sport, I remember his chest heaving and his great sense of humour. His brothers John and Gerrard and sisters Anne and Christene?? my memory has just gone blank. There was an enclosed alley between our two houses and we drove our parents demented by our competitive heading the ball. I fancied his sister but never told her. Our fathers worked in Courtaulds at Carrickfergus. If Joe Devlin is still alive alive, please get in touch. My mother told me came to my father's funeral. I did not.

Tipperdarby

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 03:14:26 AM »
Next door neighbours. Joe was a great little guy, he had one lung but it didn't stop him from being a great sport, I remember his chest heaving and his great sense of humour. His brothers John and Gerrard and sisters Anne and Christene?? my memory has just gone blank. There was an enclosed alley between our two houses and we drove our parents demented by our competitive heading the ball. I fancied his sister but never told her. Our fathers worked in Courtaulds at Carrickfergus. If Joe Devlin is still alive alive, please get in touch. My mother told me came to my father's funeral. I did not.
Hi RR,
I wonder if you and I have another connection? My Mom's brother Ted Mc Namee worked in Courtaulds. Perhaps he worked with your Dad? He lived in Greenisland. I remember going to Courtaulds to see him in a play, must have been to do with their Social Club?
Cheers.

Brown low

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »
Christine Devlin died young, Margaret went to Canada. Mr Devlin was killed in a motorbike accident when leaving Courtalds one night on his combination motorcycle . 

sassidge

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 03:07:39 PM »
Anyone out there from Star of the Sea between 1955 - 1963?
Anyone remember the McCourt sisters Annie, Margaret, Norah, and Maureen ?

sassidge

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 04:49:14 PM »
Rafferty replied to my query and I answered,  .but neither has appeared on the board.
What am I doing wrong ?
Not totally comfortable with laptop.

chink

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 04:53:17 PM »
Rafferty replied to my query and I answered,  .but neither has appeared on the board.
What am I doing wrong ?
Not totally comfortable with laptop.
try posting again  make sure you are hitting the post button   sometimes happens to me

sassidge

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 02:37:26 PM »
Hi Rafferty,
I sent you another message this morning which I hope you received.
If you are still having difficulties, can you let me know on this thread and I can repeat on here.
Regards:    Sassidge.

agideo

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 09:36:21 PM »
St.Marys Star Of The Sea was my first school and I was there from 1953 till I think 1957.Miss Wills was my first teacher and I think Mr. McAleese was head master.I lived next to the Lobitos petrol station on the Shore Road and the school was directly behind where I lived.
Happiness is not getting what you want it's wanting what you have.

Matt52

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 09:00:22 PM »

If it's the same Joe Devlin he lived in Elmfield(Glengormley) for years but moved to Twinbrook,last time I saw him fit and well was about 2 years ago walking up Andersonstown Rd.

stillsearching

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2020, 01:52:53 AM »
Does anyone remember Kathleen Quinn from Shore Road; went to Star of the Sea? She played Wee Willie Winky/Queen of Hearts/Polly put the Kettle On (can't believe i just typed that lol..) on stage...year would have been around 1953-55.  She and her family immigrated to Canada in 1956.