Author Topic: Ulster Hall event 6 March 2014  (Read 875 times)

chi

Ulster Hall event 6 March 2014
« on: January 24, 2014, 03:05:21 PM »
Folks in Belfast interested in
women's issues mark your
calendars  Ulster Hall event
6 March 2014
 :read: ;D :hi:

Peformances   

International Women`s Day lecture:
Launch of Belfast Women and the First World War booklet
by Dr Margaret Ward and Lynda Walker

Ulster Hall event 6 March 2014

The Ulster Hall celebrates International Women’s Day with an insightful, week long series of lunchtime lectures which document, discuss and debate the role women have played in shaping society as we know it today.

Former Women’s Studies lecturer, Lynda Walker, helped to set up the first women’s centre in Belfast in 1979. Dr Margaret Ward was the Director of the Women’s Resource and Development Agency, based in Belfast from 2005 to 2013.
“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”

Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness  for weakness.

chi

Re: Ulster Hall event 6 March 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:37:13 PM »
Just a reminder  ..next week

The Ulster Hall

International Women`s Day lecture:
Feminist Fairy Tales - Belfast Feminist Network

Ulster Hall event 7 March 2014

The Ulster Hall celebrates International Women’s Day with an insightful, week long series of lunchtime lectures which document, discuss and debate the role women have played in shaping society as we know it today.

Join Belfast Feminist Network as they re-tell some traditional tales with a thoroughly modern twist. What if the princess doesn`t need rescued, or the King is a stay-at-home dad? What if the Wicked Witch was just misunderstood? With a selection of original stories designed to entertain and challenge, this event will leave you re-imagining what happily ever after really looks like!

Belfast Feminist Network addresses sexism and gender inequality through discussion, protest, campaigning, creativity and fun.
“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”

Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness  for weakness.

Moonlight

Re: Ulster Hall event 6 March 2014
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:22:34 PM »
Woops wrong thread.
Once sent out a word takes wing beyond recall