Author Topic: The devil pictures in the greenan lodge (balmoral hotel)?  (Read 12856 times)

Achtung

The devil pictures in the greenan lodge (balmoral hotel)?
« on: January 25, 2014, 02:15:14 PM »
Anyone remember the pictures from the mid 1980's in the greenan lodge where the face of the devil supposedly appeared in the background? There were about 6 seperate pictures altogether taken by different people.

One was published in the Andersonstown news. It was in black and white and was of poor quality. I subsequently saw one of the original colour photos and it scared the living crap out of me. I can't find any pictures or even stories online about it. Does anyone here remember and can anyone post any of the pics on here?

Aurora2015

Re: The devil pictures in the greenan lodge (balmoral hotel)?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 05:47:11 PM »
Yes, I remember this, followed by many sleepless nights as a child. Would love to see those photos again!

Mark70

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 06:08:53 PM »
Yes, I remember this, followed by many sleepless nights as a child. Would love to see those photos again!
Looked all over the net,no photos yet.
"We are paid in our own coin."

The Ginger One

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 08:16:58 AM »
I remember them well, although I wasn't as frightened of them as I was of some of the wee girls that went to Fonzies under 18 disco on a Friday night. All big hair and make up put on with a catapult lol  :D

billyscaf

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 04:23:47 PM »
yep I remember them, freaked me out lol sorry I don't have any pics or even know were you would get them, maybe andytown news archives ? are you from around there ?

chink

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 04:27:24 PM »
the pictures were shown in the andytown news years ago

The Ginger One

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 04:46:56 AM »
yep I remember them, freaked me out lol sorry I don't have any pics or even know were you would get them, maybe andytown news archives ? are you from around there ?
Originally from Ladybrook then Andytown, went to St Marys drank in every pub from Greenan to Fat Harrys and then some more lol

Mondo

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 12:56:42 PM »
Drop a line to the editor of the A. N. or the Belfast media group. Better than trawlin through numerous internet threads. If anyone has a rough idea of the dates and it was reported in the papers at the time, you may well find it in the newspaper archives in Library St. Take some form of digital camera to copy.

Ernie t

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 09:33:43 PM »
some the people in the photo were from turf lodge

DJ

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 11:37:12 PM »
That it explains then Ernie

Bigali

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 11:40:19 PM »
Once again the same as I asked about the haunted house on another thread  (and didn't get a reply) were any forum members actually present when these events occurred ? Always seems to be a case of a friend of a friend who was there  ???
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

DJ

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 11:47:49 PM »
Bigali, I'm really intrigued by this, I used to play in a band and the Greenan was a regular booking for us

Bigali

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 12:00:03 AM »
Bigali, I'm really intrigued by this, I used to play in a band and the Greenan was a regular booking for us

DJ I don't doubt your interest for a minute, it's just with these sort of things it always seems to be second , third , or fourth hand info nobody ever seems to be able to offer first hand experience. I do not dismiss paranormal experiences, I was reared in an old farmhouse which was built on an ancient battle site with a burial mound in the field opposite the house and believe me,I heard some strange sounds many a night, some maybe down to imagination but I suspect not all . The point I'm trying to make I suppose is there are too many people making claims which they can't back up ,sensationalism I suppose.
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

PETE68

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2015, 10:42:31 AM »
Hi i have first hand experience with this one !
my mum and dad were at a wedding there years and years ago subsequently photos were developed (no digital back then) and low and behold devil picture !
but there is a very easy explaination , it was taken in the main hall upstairs the bar had the shutters down and the reflection off the shutter from the flash at the far right hand side cast a butterfly wing effect reflection in the corner of the bar ! simples , my dad however did not want to keep the photo in the house because of the hype at the time in the papers etc ! im sure the negitive is knocking about somewhere :)

kkdoc

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 10:43:15 PM »
My mother actually worked there when it was known as the Greenan in the kitchen and she said that it was true about the Devils face she said they would always go into the main hall in pairs as they didn't dare go by themselves , My sister lives in the street beside it..I suppose it's getting to the time of the year when all these stories start to surface again..I know one thing the Devil must definitely show his face down that Black's path every Fri/Sat night with all those teenagers that hang around down there.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy