Author Topic: White's Tavern: Landlord quits at historic city pub over costly slump in trade  (Read 9329 times)

manu4life

Bar still opened. I passed it at lunchtime

EllCee

"Stephen Nixon has been tenant of the pub which belongs to pub group Beannchor and its head Bill Wolsey for 12 years. Mr Wolsey will take over the business on February 3 when it will close for 10 days for a "sympathetic refurbishment" before reopening around February 13."

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/whites-tavern-landlord-quits-at-historic-city-pub-over-costly-slump-in-trade-29955239.html
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Dommo

Maybe if they'd stop ripping people off with their wild prices.  ;)
who?
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

manu4life

The bar and it's over the top prices

barry

No  wonder  it's  closing, if  People  keep  passing  it   :D

just  joking   ManU,     any  idea  what  a  pint  of  Guinness  costs

in  Whites, compared  to  other  places, just curious.   
THAT'S  THE  WAY  I  SEE  IT, THAT'S  THE  WAY I  TELL  IT.

manu4life

Lol lol . Unfortunately I don't let the devils drink pass my lips during lunch times !! As for prices 3.70 a pint , compared to my local , it's 1.10 dearer

doare.

Lol lol . Unfortunately I don't let the devils drink pass my lips during lunch times !! As for prices 3.70 a pint , compared to my local , it's 1.10 dearer
hi manu, I remember a budget in the early 60s, they put the pint up to 1/9d from 1/7d, somewhere in that region, all I could hear in the timber yard was "the working man pays again" one guy piped up "ye's will drink it when its a fiver a pint" so stop girning and whinging, its getting close :D
"You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not? ....shaw..

EllCee

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

barry

Wow,  that  is  a  big  price  difference  ManU, I  think  I'd  keep  walking  too   :D

AL CAPONE

O0  I was in Whites a few weeks ago and a bottle of Coors was like 3.70 or so, my local does 5x Coors or 5x Harp bottles for 10  :)

chink

al what bar's have you not been in

you must have started at an early age

EllCee

I think a pint of lager in a bar in Donaghadee costs 3.80, a glass of house wine is about 4.30.  Down South lager is  5.00 in O'Connell Street, Dublin.

chink

MY LOCAL A PINT 2.70 A BOTTLE OF WINE (BIG) 8.00

parkboy

pints in r.a.o.b club in church st is 1 70 and vodka ( Smirnoff ) 1.30 visitors are welcome

barry

pints in r.a.o.b club in church st is 1 70 and vodka ( Smirnoff ) 1.30 visitors are welcome

Probably  leading  with  my  Chin  here, but, what  does  R.A.O.B  stand  for   ??? ???