Author Topic: May events?  (Read 1426 times)

beerad

May events?
« on: January 31, 2014, 10:52:56 PM »
It might take me a few more posting to find the right place to put this. I'll be in Northern Ireland for the month of May. Could anyone help me with ideas on how to make the best of my time there?
Thank you

Astor

Re: May events?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 11:16:41 PM »
It might take me a few more posting to find the right place to put this. I'll be in Northern Ireland for the month of May. Could anyone help me with ideas on how to make the best of my time there?
Thank you

You're having responses on Belfast Chat now.
Que Sera Sera

beerad

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 11:34:46 PM »
Fantastic. Thank you Astor.

Beardysgirl

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 11:07:20 PM »
Thank you
Sat 3rd May. Mayday march

beerad

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 02:40:01 AM »
Thank you Beardysgirl. Is Mayday March all over NI or only in Belfast?

Beardysgirl

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 10:59:13 PM »
Possibly Derry, but mainly Belfast. Oh and of course Dublin

beerad

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 11:32:11 PM »
Possibly Derry, but mainly Belfast. Oh and of course Dublin
I heard about a Jazz festival in Derry on May 1-5.

Astor

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 06:42:10 PM »
beerad, Peadar O'Donnel's bar in Waterloo Street, Derry,  is a great place to go for traditional music and craic. I was there last year and had a great time.    You'll find some great reviews for it on Trip Advisor.   Lovely city as well, make sure you walk across the Peace Bridge.  No doubt the jazz festival will be great as well.  Enjoy.
Que Sera Sera

beerad

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 09:39:10 PM »
beerad, Peadar O'Donnel's bar in Waterloo Street, Derry,  is a great place to go for traditional music and craic. I was there last year and had a great time.    You'll find some great reviews for it on Trip Advisor.   Lovely city as well, make sure you walk across the Peace Bridge.  No doubt the jazz festival will be great as well.  Enjoy.
Thank you again Astor. I have the Jazz festival marked on my itinerary from May 1 - 5. Will it be helpful that I'm learning to speak conversational Irish? I can read very little of the language because I'm learning through podcasts.

Astor

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 11:21:07 PM »
Thank you again Astor. I have the Jazz festival marked on my itinerary from May 1 - 5. Will it be helpful that I'm learning to speak conversational Irish? I can read very little of the language because I'm learning through podcasts.

I'm not too sure about that beerad, I'm sure there are loads of Gaelic speaking people in Derry, you'll just have to try out your conversationalist skills and see what happens on that score!!  You may or may not want to visit the Bloody Sunday Museum, but keep it in mind.
Que Sera Sera

beerad

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 03:01:53 AM »
I'm not too sure about that beerad, I'm sure there are loads of Gaelic speaking people in Derry, you'll just have to try out your conversationalist skills and see what happens on that score!!  You may or may not want to visit the Bloody Sunday Museum, but keep it in mind.
Is that the museum of Free Derry? The NI tourism website sent me the names of a few areas I could go to try the conversation skills.

beerad

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 03:11:35 AM »
I was just reading some of the history of Bloody Sunday. The Troubles were mention a few days ago by another user when I mentioned that I would be going to Castlederg. Castlederg is where my father grew up. Whether it be good or bad, I am very interested in the history of the Ireland which my father grew up in.

Astor

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 11:50:53 AM »
Is that the museum of Free Derry? The NI tourism website sent me the names of a few areas I could go to try the conversation skills.

Yep, same museum.
Que Sera Sera

beerad

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 03:52:44 PM »
I cannot believe how excited I am. 82 days to go. My fingers are crossed in hopes that my surgery does not interfere with my travel plans.

Astor

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 09:06:36 AM »
I cannot believe how excited I am. 82 days to go. My fingers are crossed in hopes that my surgery does not interfere with my travel plans.

Good luck for your surgery Beerad.
Que Sera Sera