Author Topic: grundig dunmurry  (Read 10135 times)

mtoa 2

Re: grundig dunmurry
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 06:18:28 PM »
I worked in grundig 1972-75 testing end of line in the hut

ros52859

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 12:19:48 PM »
Joe I moved to Wales in 1971 and still here.  The older I get the memories of names and faces elude me. The testing huts were called "the labs" when I worked there.

JoeM-PM2

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 03:10:08 PM »
I still live in Germany Rosaleen and I know the feeling with names etc: Were the test areas at the end of the production lines called "cabins"? Belated happy New Year to you.

ros52859

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 04:21:51 PM »
Joe Yes they were called the cabins. I dont recall much about the rest of the factory. I used to take over for the nurse on occasions because I had a first aid certificate and I was going out with Ken Lilley who was a tool maker there. They were great times. Belated happy new year to you too

JoeM-PM2

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 10:53:57 AM »
Indeed Rosaleen, very fond memories of working there. I often wonder how the former collegues are getting along and would we recognise each other.

facebook joe

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 04:38:51 PM »
My sister her sister in law my mother cousin wife and my wifes cousin were all cleaners in it.

chrisgwright

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 09:37:24 PM »
My ex wife patricia wright worked there from about 1972 until just before tommy neidermeir disappeared  She was his secretary as she had lived in germany and could speak german fluently

Gemmadoc

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2015, 09:00:41 PM »
hi,
just wondering did any of you worked in a Grundig factory in Germany in mid sixties. I am trying to find a lady named Jean Kenny who did. Maybe she worked in the Belfast factory when she came back to northern Ireland. Any info would be great. Thanks

Johnnorman

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2015, 10:19:05 PM »
My sister taught gabi neidermeir piano at our house in derriaghey. She was one of the daughters who,tragically committed suicide many years after the abduction of her father

scotland

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2015, 12:54:22 AM »
Hi all Greetings from Scotland Re Grundigs I worked there on 2 ocassions early 1970 to mid 1970 1st time in the stores known as the cage 2nd time testing cabins listening for Wows and Flutters .Worked in stores with Val Semple her husband also worked in Grundig (think his name was Billy) a really nice couple  they lived in Dunmurray other names escape me especially our foreman and the 2 sisters one of who had worked in the cage with me before Val transferred there cheers M

macroyal

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 10:15:17 AM »
dougie keag got us one of the radios when he worked there, it was superb to others around at the time, i think i saw it the last time i was home, will have a look next time and post a picture of it, it must have been near the top of the range, but i have never seen what you produced in total

strandguy

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2015, 12:03:32 AM »
Anyone there who worked in grundig dunmurry. I left about 1970/71

How about Eddie Eccles? He worked in PM1

strandguy

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2015, 12:04:57 AM »
Knew an Eddie Eccles who worked there. Think he was the Foreman in the Tool Room there.

Sadly Eddie passed away last year

bridge ender

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 08:01:04 PM »
Hi All

friends and neighbors of mine both worked in Grundig   Jim and Kathleen Dale both passed away now.

BE
Life is lived forwards and understood backwards.

Ray Davies

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2015, 08:34:39 PM »
Hi All

friends and neighbors of mine both worked in Grundig   Jim and Kathleen Dale both passed away now.

BE
im coming to this disscusscion a little late. Eddie Eccles was my boss for many years I am saddened to hear of his death, he was a decent human and a good boss. I also worked with Keneth Lilly and his brother Dennis. Oh happy days. Many of the names mentioned here were everyday working friends like Gerry Faulkner. I worked in the toolroom for many years, my mother Edna worked on the line since the company opened till it closed in 1980.