Author Topic: Belfast Musicians  (Read 1744 times)

Christopher

Belfast Musicians
« on: October 19, 2007, 01:22:57 AM »
Are you a musician or someone connected with the music industry who is based in Belfast or the surrounding area? Have you appeared on stage in Belfast or done some busking in the City or elsewhere in Northern Ireland. If you are you're welcome to post on this thread to discuss gigs, good places to obtain instruments, recording studios, venues, workshops and anything else that springs into your mind. This year I've had the pleasure of meeting a number of you guys at the Rotterdam Bar, the Errigle and at Ballydugan Mill as well as on MySpace music. I hope I have the pleasure of meeting many more of you in person. By the way if you haven't yet lodged an objection regarding the plans to knock the Rotterdam Bar down please note that the campaign is not over as a final decision on the proposed demolition has yet to be made by the Planning Department. Visit the Rotts website for details www.myspace.com/savetherotterdam for details.

Christopher

Re: Belfast Musicians
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 03:56:41 PM »
I suspect that most of the Forum members have heard of the Simple Mind's "Belfast Child" but I wonder how many have heard of Gerry Langley and his sister Mary. Gerry wrote a song called "Streets of Belfast" ... Click here to listen to it as well as some of his other songs. Did any of the members know Gerry in the sixties when
he was working with Hospital Stage Productions?

Mageeka

Re: Belfast Musicians
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 03:17:06 AM »
The best and cheapest place to purchase instruments is in the USA
E G
A B flat and A matching pair of Selmer St Louis Pro Clarinets cost $3500 U S
The same pair in the U K cost 4000 pounds