Author Topic: Book Search  (Read 2816 times)

Ossie16

Book Search
« on: October 22, 2007, 10:40:41 PM »
Hi Folks

I am looking for a book which I know id now out of print but though some of you may know where I could possible get a copy for a freind of mine in Canada.

The book is aclled 'Out of The Maze' and is about the 1983 escaope from The Maze prison.

I would be most grateful if any of you know where I could but this book - it does not have to be new - just readable,  Thanks.  Marie o

Mrs Timberlake

Re: Book Search
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 10:55:29 PM »
Hi Ossie16 - I had a wee search on E-Bay and there's one available.  It's new and it costs 8.70 pounds including postage & packaging to the UK.  I don't know if you need it delivered to Oz but I'm sure it wouldn't be that much more expensive.  If you go into E-Bay, just put the name of the book into the search option and it'll throw all the info up for you.

Mrs T
Does my face look bothered?

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 02:16:35 AM »
Hello Marie,

Welcome to the Forum.

Have you looked in the Ads for Free and the other one? Sorry I forget its name at the moment. There are a couple of guys who regularly have a load of books advertised in those papers. They include a contact phone number too. One might have the book you require.

Christopher

Ossie16

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 08:39:55 AM »
Thanks Mr Timberlake - I saw this one on ebay but it is not the one I am looking for - this one is about a prisoners journey to christinity - the book I am loking for is about the escape from the maze prison in 1993 - the books do have the same title. Thanks for your help on this one though.

Ossie16

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 05:56:25 PM »
Thnaks for this Christopher - I will give this a try you never know I might just get lucky.  Marie o

Ossie16

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 06:06:55 PM »
Hello again folks

I just wanted to update you on this - can you believe it the guy Clive Secoular has found the book for me (in America) and I am waiting for it to be delivered. I have tried for years to locate a copy of this and just within days of joing the Belfast Forum i get it. Thank you for all your help.

By the way I got the name wrong - it is actually 'Escape from the Maze'

Mrs Timberlake

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 10:37:33 PM »
Glad you managed to track a copy down Ossie  O0
Does my face look bothered?

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 03:29:32 AM »
Clive Scoular is probably the best person to contact if you require a book about Ulster history or politics.