Author Topic: cyprus street  (Read 41537 times)

HGB58

Re: cyprus street
« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2019, 06:47:50 AM »
I used to know a Bobby McCann lived at the bottom of Dunville St beside the Dunville Park. Would that be the same Bobby?

I don't know where Bobby came from. All I remember about him was that he was a well known chef over here in Canada. We lost touch with him after Sadie's death.

Maymac

« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2019, 01:07:23 PM »
I was at school with Colette Boyle  she lived in Cyprus St with,her aunt  long time ago 1950s Remember the wee,shops Mosses  Trainors,Greenwoods Boyles,Mc Crorys  P Lennon who wore a trilby hat and his assistant a turban also late night purchases at Edie Foxes keeping an eye,out for,the (peelers) as it was after hours also the house shops who sold candy apples  honeycomb and pokes of,sweets   

Falls

« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2019, 08:13:53 PM »
For anyone inquiring about Joe Connolly. .He is keeping well.We spoke at length last week,as he was making his way to Hannahstown to feed his horse.Topic's ranged from schoolday,1950s music,workdays and old pals some deceased and others that left Ireland for a new life across the globe.Likeable bloke is Joe,heading towards 80 I believe.

boxer1949

« Reply #213 on: June 04, 2019, 11:24:55 PM »
For anyone inquiring about Joe Connolly. .He is keeping well.We spoke at length last week,as he was making his way to Hannahstown to feed his horse.Topic's ranged from schoolday,1950s music,workdays and old pals some deceased and others that left Ireland for a new life across the globe.Likeable bloke is Joe,heading towards 80 I believe.
Was speaking to him a few weeks in the post office he never changes