Author Topic: cyprus street  (Read 40749 times)

arkie

Re: cyprus street
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2007, 05:53:18 PM »
MALACHY, FROM LEESON ST, FISH AND CHIP MAN?

charles w

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007, 01:09:58 PM »
MALACHY MORGAN,  his old shop in Cyprus Street.

arkie

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 06:46:43 PM »
CHAS, THAT,S LEESON ST. SHOP MORE TO THE LEFT MALACHYS. U CAN SEE ABOVE SHOP THE REMAINS OF THE NEON SIGN. ;)

charles w

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2007, 06:50:39 PM »
I acept you expert knowledge.   :D ;D

GEL0128

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2007, 06:24:14 AM »
My granny (ma's ma) lived on Cyprus Street...I never knew her...she died many years before I was born.  Surname was McArdle....Ma was Bridget

jac1960

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 05:45:44 AM »
Anybody remember the Robb family from Cyprus Street? There were two sisters, twins, I think, one was called Ann, can't remember the other one, anyone help? Also, Soapy Trainors on Servia Street, how did they get the name 'Soapy' ??? ???

Hi Whizzer

the Robb's lived 4 doors up from me

there was 3 girls, Elish (not sure on spelling) Ann and Mary, ( also 3 boys Felix, Jim and Eddie )

jac1960

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 05:50:25 AM »
Hi, anyone know the McDonnell family from Cyprus Street? Lived a few doors up from Malachy Morgan.

only McDonnell that I know would be my Mum as her maiden name was McDonnell and we lived two doors away from Malachy...that close enough?

boxer1949

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 11:46:46 PM »
Anybody remember the Robb family from Cyprus Street? There were two sisters, twins, I think, one was called Ann, can't remember the other one, anyone help? Also, Soapy Trainors on Servia Street, how did they get the name 'Soapy' ??? ???
ann mother lives in roden st ann lives in bondmore

joe.c

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2008, 10:10:14 PM »
Yes, the Robbs' lived in Cyprus Street. Ann used to go with Joe Heaney and lived in Whitehouse with whomever she married. A lovely girl. Her brother was Felix.

Soapy Trainors'was in McDonnell Street at the bottom of Cyprus Street and Mrs. Moss's shop was in Servia Street at the corner of Cyprus Street. Mattie McCrory's shop was in Servia Street on the next corner and Lizzie Stranney's house shop was at the corner of Marchioness Street opening, she made lovely candy apples! The little off-license at the corner of Grosvenor Place was called 'Murtagh's' for a long time.
Dadio's pub(Tommy Caulfield) was at the junction of Grosveror Place and Grosvenor Road.
This is bringing back memories!

jake

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2008, 06:18:54 PM »
LILLYKINS,DO YOU EVER REMEMBER SADIE CANAVAN FROM 21 CYPRUS STREET,I THINK SHE EMIGRATED TO CANADA IN THE 1970,S

desi

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2008, 09:10:23 PM »
jake my brother lived in cyprus st beside wee paddy brady,just facing the long bar, go to youtube type in operation banner part 2 you will see the wee street when the brits took over the falls during the curfew.
JUSTICE FOR THE BALLYMURPHY 11.

St.Anthony

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 10:26:24 AM »
Whizzer, an uncle of mine married a girl called May McDonnell and they lived in Cyprus Street until they moved to Australia in 1972.  May died a couple of years ago.

feejeeks

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 12:55:44 AM »
Sorry lads you are all wrong.Soapy Trainors was definitely at the corner of Cyprus St and McDonnell St[you can just see it in the old procession photo]Shop at the corner of Servia St and Cyprus St was Sarah Moss.Malachy Morgans chippy was in Leeson St same side as the Long Bar

feejeeks

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2008, 01:00:46 AM »
Just thinking.Matty McCrory,s shop was at the corner of Servia St and Osman St.The shop at the other corner was Raymond O,Neills the butcher.

boxer1949

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2008, 02:57:57 AM »
Sorry lads you are all wrong.Soapy Trainors was definitely at the corner of Cyprus St and McDonnell St[you can just see it in the old procession photo]Shop at the corner of Servia St and Cyprus St was Sarah Moss.Malachy Morgans chippy was in Leeson St same side as the Long Bar Your on the button Feejeers. Moss shop a girl call Ann Keenan worked in it she was lovely ;D ;D