Author Topic: 17" Suffolk Punch Cylinder Motor Lawnmower  (Read 2655 times)

harrydunn

17" Suffolk Punch Cylinder Motor Lawnmower
« on: May 18, 2014, 09:52:52 PM »
For sale 17" Suffolk Punch self powered motor mower complete with scarifying unit, cutting height adjustable, 3 way drive, Cutting Cylinder only/ roller driven only/ or roller and cutter driven.  price 280.00 very seldom used and in excellent condition, todays price new 700.00. 
interested? contact Harry Dunn by P.M.

Bigali

Re: 17" Suffolk Punch Cylinder Motor Lawnmower
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:56:27 PM »
A Suffolk Punch lawnmower ! I didn't know such things still existed ! My Dad taught me how to cut our grass with a Suffolk Colt  :o
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

harrydunn

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:45:58 PM »
Of course they still exist Suffolk Iron Foundry took over Qualcast, Atco, Webb and several other lawnmower manufacturers, the Suffolk Colt was a 12" model which replaced the Suffolk Pony which had a two stroke engine probably the worst motor mower ever, Suffolk also made a 19" Squire I worked for the Sales & Service agents in Belfast but that wasn't yesterday  :) :)
another little snippet Qualcast used to cast the Engine blocks & Cylinder heads for Morris Cars.

Bigali

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 10:49:59 PM »
Of course they still exist Suffolk Iron Foundry took over Qualcast, Atco, Webb and several other lawnmower manufacturers, the Suffolk Colt was a 12" model which replaced the Suffolk Pony which had a two stroke engine probably the worst motor mower ever, Suffolk also made a 19" Squire I worked for the Sales & Service agents in Belfast but that wasn't yesterday  :) :)

Harry no offence but did ye ever think about getting out more ?  :)

Long time ago but all I can remember is a thumb accelerator thingy which made it take aff like a rocket  (I was only a wean)  ???

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

harrydunn

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 10:57:39 PM »
Ally I would need more Days in the week to get out more I go out Fly Fishing five days a week other two days are spent shopping with the wife so I can go Fishing.

Bigali

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 11:02:07 PM »
Ally I would need more Days in the week to get out more I go out Fly Fishing five days a week other two days are spent shopping with the wife so I can go Fishing.

Good on ye Harry I was just joking  :D , glad you are enjoying retirement . When I was first married I invested (for the time) a considerable sum on a Hayter mower to keep the lawns of the Semi Detached Suburban manicured , it became a ward of court after the divorce  :(

harrydunn

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 11:47:30 PM »
Ach sure I know you were only joking, sorry about your divorce.
harry

Bigali

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 11:52:02 PM »
Ach sure I know you were only joking, sorry about your divorce.
harry

I'm not sorry  :)

harrydunn

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 03:47:24 PM »
lawnmower is now sold thanks for looking.